Web Admins, I need some info

Guest ZDamage

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Ikon Boards. How big is it and where Can I get it? Or is there a Forum that can be used that isn't so complicated and just simple to use that doesn't have pop ups maybe. Looking for a simple one with the basics for my site. Thanks

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Ok. what is annoying me right now is the LACK of instructions on how to install and set these things up.

Oh...Ikonboard is simple to setup...the instructions come with the zip. You have to have some basic UNIX knowledge. Are you able to use mySQL for the database? Get smartFTP for uploading & stuff.

Now, upgrading from 3.02 to 3.11 is a pain.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

gah. my host is slow about providing SQL info, but as soon as i have that, the forums will be up and ready to go.

have some poetry from some fella named phillip elliot to post and I have some commentary to post. Hopefully all will be ready by the end of today or Monday the latest.

Yea, if your host supports SQL you can use those for Ikonboard. Not sure how much of a diff there is...in my case I can work with sql easier than the other db's they use. That is what the lunatics board is using.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

got forums done. now get this error.

Warning: Unable to access ./sources/functions.php in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ZeroDamage.com/httpdocs/forums/index.php on line 106

Ok, I'm guessing a couple things here.

1. Are you sure the path should include zerodamage.com? Usually paths don't haven the .com...that could just be different than what I'm used to.

2. Is the sources folder under the forums folder?

3. Are the file settings 755 on functions.php?

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Yeah, it is right. It recognized it during setup and flew with it. If it was wrong, it would have failed during the setup (I think). I tried Smitz forums and that doesn't work either and I set that up correctly.

The Ikon forum actually indexed the database that I created but then didn't do anything. I checked my hosting control panel and the database that was created was MySQL so it should be working. It is the most up to date version as well.

I am about to go web based forum (like not on my server but web based, i just hate the billions of pop ups)

I've not worked with the PHP version but you were able to run the equivilant of the "installer.cgi"? If so then I'd assume your paths are correct also. I also assume you did all the chmod things you needed to do.

Well, look for me online and I'd be glad to try to help further...aim = gond214.