mandarin

(edited)
hahaha "Knee How Ma?"

mama hu hu

<looks at John> zai lai yi ping qingdao pi jiu. qingdao pi jiu hen hao he!

Wo xi huan Zhongguo .yin wei zhe li you hen duo mei li nv hai . zhongguo hen hao.

Know just enough mandarin to get around.

Edited by BushMaster

mama hu hu

<looks at John> zai lai yi ping qingdao pi jiu. qingdao pi jiu hen hao he!

Wo xi huan Zhongguo .yin wei zhe li you hen duo mei li nv hai . zhongguo hen hao.

in english plz :D

thiers this place in stockton where its about 5 dollars foa combo plate of chinese food and thy pack it so full thy have truble closing the lid awsome use of 5 dollars. enough to feed 2. :D

any helpful tips to help me learn..

Start with the pin yin table. The pin yin table is the english letter translation for mandrin. Get the pronuctuation down with the different accents. This will be tough just reading it though, so you may want to look into different software programs like Rosetta Stone. Once you get the pin yin table down it's simple. Mandrin is not nearly as complicated as english. Chinese ppl need to learn 3000 english words to be effective, but in Chinese you only need to know 1000 words.

I've been fortunate because the company I work at has 6 interpaters, and they are also english instructors in China, and my tech guys speak good english. So its been easy for me because I'm around the language all of the time, and I have them to work with me along with the g/f. Trust me some of the words in the pin yin are very difficult to learn, but don't stop trying. For instance the otherday I got down how to say the number "4" which was very difficult for me do to the tongue placement ect.. You'll find out once you start praciticing and learning.

<eats the egg roll and washed it down with tsingdao beer>

My girlfriend speaks Cantonese.

What are the similarities, if any, between Mandarin and Cantonese?

Just curious.

The words are written the same way, but they're spoken differently, although they sound similar. You can sort of tell what they're saying.

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone speak mandarin chinese??

ric3 is trying to learn =(

needs help, if yu know someone that knows how to speak

tell them i want to talk to them

tahnks ric3

I am a Chinese Mandarin linguist for the government... If you have any questions about the language or language resources feel free to email me. My email address should be on my profile.

Peace

Just have to say this was quite a funny post to read. Went way off topic when john brought up food. Like a hefty kid with A.D.D.(tried to make that seems least offensive as possible) just couldnt get away from the food topic to help ric3.

Oh, sorry ric3. I only speak english and spanglish(kinda...thats pretty weak no that i think about it).

:lol:

Now i sount like i got A.D.D. John is contagious!!! *puts on gas mask and full chem suit*