Radio Ear Muffs

Rashad

I need to wear ear protection for my job. Anyone know a place where I could purchase a set of radio ear muffs? I was thinking of starting my search at a hardware store, but i'm not sure.

I need to wear ear protection for my job. Anyone know a place where I could purchase a set of radio ear muffs? I was thinking of starting my search at a hardware store, but i'm not sure.

I think I might have seen some at Home Depot. don't know how good the tuner is though.

Either that, or try a Lowe's.....

Good Luck.

Rashad, I'm pretty sure my f-i-l has a pair for when he works in his woodshop. I'll ask him next time I talk to him and get his input. I can't hear anyway, too much loud music between concerts and cars. Kiddies, think about your hears when you're doing that stuff. Either way, I probably should but I don't wear any.

Seems like when I worked at the Nuke facility I saw some of them in one of our safety catalogs. I'll see if I can figure out the website for that catalog and let you know.

Ok couple questions?

Why do you need to wear hearing protection? If you have a radio, sometimes the volume depletes the purpose. Another potential problem, hearing muffs don't elimate sound they muffle it. But if you are listening to music then you all outside sound will be eliminated. This could lead to very bad situation. Does the company you're working for allow radio ear muffs? I've been with companies where we have restricted the use. We would allow noise atinuating muffs, but at #150 a pop they're tough to budget for...

Also be aware of the NRR rating, make you purchase something that will get you below the OSHA threshold of 85 dB

My summer job is working on the grounds crew for the city school district. Operating weed wackers, and commercial lawn tractors. The equipment is loud enough that I don't notice people shouting at me when they're only a few feet away.

There arn't many rules, at least none that cover listening to music while operating the equipment.

• 2 weeks later...