Banned 2

Ivona

UPDATE: I got a pm from the banning admin that this was a temporary ban. I've converted it to a permanent ban. You do not tell an admin to grow up in server and argue the rules, then come here and try to justify it. It's simply not permitted.

Alright, so I'm sort of confused. Just before Bothrops banned me, he says for me to take it up on the forums. So what he actually meant i guess was to take it up on the forums and try to stand up for yourself so we can arbitrarily permanently ban you from all our servers for you trying to justify what you did.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I honestly just don't understand the mechanics behind it all. I guess I would have been better off if I just sat idley by and didnt try to explain my actions??

No you don't have to sit idlely by.

This forum is where you come to speak your piece about your actions. NOT in the game. You chose the wrong time/place to take to the podium. Which is why you're in the spot you are now.

Had you accepted the fact that the word you used is not acceptable. And continued to play without voicing your opposition in game. Then after you were finished playing, came here and posted up your thoughts on the situation. You would not be in this predicament.

That's the simplest way I know how to explain it. It's now up to Bothrops and MrX to make the final decision.

Lunk what he meant was he got banned, came to the forums, his temp ban expired and even though he knew he could play on the servers now(played SK with us last night) he kept trying to explain himself on the forums, then i guess his attitude or post on the forums was what got him perm banned.

So in short, if you would of stood idlely bye and rode out the temp ban we wouldnt be in this second situation

(edited)

Lunk, I'm aware that I'm not supposed to talk back to admins, especially on the server, which is why I got in trouble. I found what he said to be kind of silly and thought he was making a big deal out of nothing, and I got banned for talking back.

I understand this part, I know the gc rules and I knew what I was getting into, but then I tried to follow the rules and follow what the banning admin instructed me to do; take it to the forums. All this gained me was a permanent ban and my thread being locked.

Kind of counter productive.

Edited by Ivona

It honestly should have been a permanent ban in the first place. Admins are there to play the game and have fun also, they should not have to explain why they are asking you not to do something. That is what the forums are for.

Now, as to your last post in the other thread, you essentially were trying to justify telling the admin to grow up, and further commented how it was childish and ridiculous. That's doing nothing but going in the wrong direction. Bothrops summed it up quite nicely I think when he said "You completely accept the gc rules, except when you don't feel like it."

The purpose of this forum is to make sure you understand what is expected. You can even debate the ban if you'd like. But coming in and saying it's childish, ridiculous, grow up isn't debating; it's just name calling. For an example, I think simkiller constructively brought up some valid points in that last thread. Whether they are right or not is open for discussion, but he did it properly.

I honestly doubt you can come up with any sensible justification that would change not allowing the use of that word or arguing with admins in server. You can try if you'd like. For now, you should be apologizing to the admin for telling him to grow up, and assuring that this won't happen again.

(edited)

Mr. X, in my post I was hardly trying to call the admin names or "make fun of him". I was simply restating what I had said in the server, and trying to give reason to it. I understand that you want me to post and be all apologetic for what I have done, but I'm sorry, I can't apologize for what I believe was wrong and an unnecessary use of force. I know I shouldnt have questioned him in the server, but I did. I've played on the gc servers for quite some time, I'm even close friends with some of it's members and have a great deal of respect for them, but in this case I felt it necessary to voice my oppinion despite the fact that it would most likely get me in trouble.

I understand that I broke your rules, and I know that I could have ended it by simply apologizing, but I think in certain situations some of the admins are going beyond the known gc level of heavy moderating and abusing their powers.

This is the point I am trying to make in my previous post. Im not just trying to belittle an admin by calling him names, I'm trying to stress that I think in this situation the admin abused his powers. Essentially debate his integrity.

Edited by Ivona

Ok, I've looked at the logs on this. You weren't the only one kicked in this particular instance.

When you started off with your comment, then several others chimed in along the same lines. Basically, it started the chat going the wrong way. Someone else was kicked for the same thing before you. Bothrops was only trying to get it back up to par with his admin says.

So the situation that he had before him was several people breaking the rules. He kicked another person and you. The other person came back to play just fine it appears. You came back and continued giving him attitude with the "grow up" comment again. He banned you.

I don't get where you think that he abused his powers. Was he to simply take it? Please explain.

(edited)

I understand that it was my attitude that got me banned, and no doubt telling an admin to grow up threw some more fuel on the fire. I just didn't think that joking around with a couple players and using the word "lame" and then questioning why I'm not allowed to use it would get me kicked, and essentially banned.

And yes I did tell him to grow up, once before I was kicked if memory serves, and then once after, prior to being banned. The reason I said this is because I couldn't believe that an admin would rag on a couple of regulars who were obviously joking around, and using the word lame in a not what so ever malicious manner.

I guess what it comes down to is me thinking that it's "dumb", if I'm allowed to say that, that an admin would get so worked up over the words that were exchanged. I figured that if gc thought it to be such a terrible word, they would just throw it in with the swear filter's list of nono's. Further, I think the context in which the word was used in this case made the situation that much less of a threat.

Edited by Ivona

This is an example of what happens when one person starts saying things like this, then the slippery slope. Here're the logs on it so that you can see what I'm talking about:

"cky<2441><STEAM_0:1:4094137><CT>" say "IV, quit life"

"«xT» IV<2442><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "i cant knife man"

"gpL | th3geEk<2397><STEAM_0:0:5264108><TERRORIST>" say "same to you cky"

"cky<2441><STEAM_0:1:4094137><CT>" say "nah"

"«xT» IV<2442><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "but i cant just shoot him, then i look lame"

"c*metro!<2412><STEAM_0:1:3227168><TERRORIST>" say "YEAH"

"c*metro!<2412><STEAM_0:1:3227168><TERRORIST>" say "super lame"

"gpL | th3geEk<2397><STEAM_0:0:5264108><TERRORIST>" say "we win"

"«xT» IV<2442><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "too lame"

[MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [bothrops.gc] [sTEAM_0:1:7251934] Executed : (ALL) keep language clean

"gpL | th3geEk<2397><STEAM_0:0:5264108><TERRORIST>" say "ROCK"

"L3fty<2449><STEAM_0:1:3676107><TERRORIST>" say "lol"

"c*metro!<2412><STEAM_0:1:3227168><TERRORIST>" say "ambiguously lame"

"killa kill<2453><STEAM_0:0:8202858><TERRORIST>" say "hahahaa"

"dedlewamp<2438><STEAM_0:1:7261792><CT>" say "CRAP"

"=Eh?= Mr.Cool[?????]<2455><STEAM_0:1:5841366><TERRORIST>" say "sry boiler"

"cky<2441><STEAM_0:1:4094137><CT>" say "-_-"

"gpL | th3geEk<2397><STEAM_0:0:5264108><TERRORIST>" say "*ROFL"

[MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [bothrops.gc] [sTEAM_0:1:7251934] Executed : Kick (By Admin) [c*metro!] [sTEAM_0:1:3227168] kickid 2412 You were kicked by Admin

"«xT» sim651<2406><STEAM_0:0:1853633><TERRORIST>" say "4 you never look lame in my book"

"L3fty<2449><STEAM_0:1:3676107><TERRORIST>" say "barhtrops, switch me with someone"

"dedlewamp<2438><STEAM_0:1:7261792><CT>" say "i guess there wasnt water there"

"«xT» IV<2442><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "ahaha"

[MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [bothrops.gc] [sTEAM_0:1:7251934] Executed : (ALL) I'll kick you all if necessary

"«xT» IV<2442><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "grow up bud"

Just that above would have caused me to perm ban. But the logs continue:

Admin [bothrops.gc] [sTEAM_0:1:7251934] Executed : (ALL) play by the rules or play elsewhere

"c*metro!<2474><STEAM_0:1:3227168><TERRORIST>" say "that was not heterosexual"

"«xT» IV<2442><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "explain to me how lame is a curse word bothrops"

[MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [bothrops.gc] [sTEAM_0:1:7251934] Executed : Kick (By Admin) [«xT» IV] [sTEAM_0:1:93429] kickid 2442 You were kicked by Admin

"c*metro!<2474><STEAM_0:1:3227168><TERRORIST>" say "rofl"

"c*metro!<2474><STEAM_0:1:3227168><TERRORIST>" say "i sense some homophobism"

"«xT» IV<2476><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "yes, u have admin"

"«xT» IV<2476><STEAM_0:1:93429><CT>" say "grow up man"

"c*gatlin<2426><STEAM_0:1:11482094><TERRORIST>" say "gai"

"XDVD<2402><STEAM_0:0:5826853><TERRORIST>" say "just everyone drop it"

[MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [bothrops.gc] [sTEAM_0:1:7251934] Executed : (ALL) take it to the forums

"c*cake<2407><STEAM_0:1:8619713><CT>" say "GARRRRRR"

[MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [bothrops.gc] [sTEAM_0:1:7251934] Executed : Banned (By Admin) [«xT» IV] [sTEAM_0:1:93429] banid 20 2476 kick

"c*metro!<2474><STEAM_0:1:3227168><TERRORIST>" say "dee dee dee"

"c*jambi<2468><STEAM_0:1:3706569><TERRORIST>" say "ouch banned"

I disagree with it being "dumb" just b/c of the above example. Kinda a "one thing leads to another" scenario. What honks me is to have someone come in as you were before trying to justify it.

BTW, this used to be in the filter. It was removed not b/c it's accepted, but for some other reason, I forget.

Anyway, the ban is being lifted b/c I think you get it, and I'm not gonna hold a ban over your head b/c your pride won't bring you to apologize. Please keep it clean and low-attitude in the future. :)