Back from my weekend vacation of NASCAR at the Milwaukee Mile!

Ice_Berge_00

GC Alumni
(edited)

Well, some of you may have noticed I've been a bit absent Friday and Saturday. I was up to Milwaukee for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and NASCAR Busch Grand National Series races! It was a blast, we had tickets for the race weekend but we also then we also won PIT Passes!! So we got to go down into the pits for the practice, qualifying and prerace stuff! Aside from getting to be close enough to walk up and touch the trucks and cars we also got a bunch of autographs and pictures. I took over 150 pictures this weekend on my camera!

The race Friday was pretty cool, but Saturday's Busch race was awesome! It was looking pretty quiet until about 45 Laps to go when the leader lost it trying to slow to enter the pits bringing out the caution. Then Paul Menard in the 11 had the lead before pit stops, and it just got better from there. There were at least 6 cautions in those last laps including one that brought the race to an overtime finish!

I still need to get my pics together from the Friday Night Truck race but here's some of my pics from Saturday's Busch Race! I didn't get any of the end because I was too into the race and it was too crazy.

DSC00601_The_Pits.JPG

Here's one of when we were in the pits during practice. The cars were driving right by usAnd you can get right into the pits too! We were able to walk right up to the cars!!

DSC00609_Petty_Ride_Along_Car_Inside.JPG

Ever wonder what the inside of a NASCAR Stock car looks like? This is one of the Richard Petty Racing Experience ride along cars where they take you around the track for a couple laps. One of my friends won a FREE ride along!!

DSC00633_99_Going_Through_Inspection2_Oops.JPG

This is the 99 car going through prequalifying inspection. The bumper was slightly out of spec so they were wailing on it with a hammer to knock it into alignment when the official yelled to the guy "Hey, you hit like a girl!" So the crewmember with the hammer took a big swing but missed the bolt he was aiming for and dented the bumper in, "OOPS!" :o

DSC00636_99_Going_Through_Inspection3.JPG

Another pic of inspection

DSC00652_Kevin_Harvick_Qualifying.JPG

Kevin Harvick passing the start/finish line during his first lap of 2 for qualifying. BTW, yes our seats were RIGHT ON the start/finish line!!

DSC00659_Prerace_Lineup1.JPG

The field in the pits before race start

DSC00660_Prerace_Lineup2.JPG

The rest of the field lined up for the start

DSC00670_Lets_Go_RACING.JPG

GREEN FLAG!!! Go GO GO!! :luxhello:

DSC00673_1stCaution_PitStops1.JPG

The yellow flag is out, time for Pit stops! Pit road was a busy place!

DSC00675_1stCaution_PitStops3.JPG

Another shot of pit road during the caution

DSC00679_GreenGreenGreen.JPG

Caution's over, lets get back to green flag racing! :luxhello:

Edited by Ice_Berge_00

I like nascar, and yea those were some nice seats, but i want to go to a formula 1 race. They race in rain and shine and there is a lot more speed involved.

There may be more speed, but when those cars take damage they shred, when a NASCAR truck or car takes damage the crew breaks out the saws, hammers, prybars and wrenches and fixes the damge in as short as time possible, then gets back out on the track.

Nothing like seeing 3/4's a car crusing around a track at 150+ MPH :luxhello:

But anyways, it was a great couple races and an awesome weekend. I didn't realize how badly I needed to just get away like that until after I got back and realized how much fun I had.