Banned... Rediculous

Guest FaLLeN

Guest FaLLeN
Guest FaLLeN
Guest FaLLeN
Guests

Our clan is also a very mature clan and I've already explained this and it's been OK'd by other members yet one member kicked and banned me.

http://www.fraggersunited.com/site/

Fraggers United {FU}

Sheesh.

Well, this should be a discussion......

Anyway, I would have banned you also, as I've no clue who {FU} is.

Tone down the attitude and stick around for the chat here.

Also, this is your first post here. So, I'm doubting it has been discussed much among members here. I'm guessing very few board members even know of this. If you could let us know where the discussions occurred that would help.

Yes I banned you after asking about four times..and a freeze, and a kick and then you started to argue with me. If you do not respect our admins how can we expect you to respect our servers. GC plays on many other servers and have been asked to drop the tags from our name, and we do so because we have been asked. I am concerned that you feel you do not have to follow direction when given to you several times.

Sounds like DNA went above and beyond here. Policy is not debated in server. If he asked you to change, and you had a problem with that, the proper way of dealing with it is bringing it here. Sometimes it gets brought here automatically with a ban.

The only way of being assured of being allowed to do something is to bring it here. But, for now, DNA did the right thing in not allowing someone to argue with him in-server about an issue.

i'm not playing much lately, but i've only seen fallen in the server once. the one time he was, he felt put out by having to explain the {FU} to rennen when he asked. i got the impression he's explained this numerous times...but i also get the impression he doesn't have a clue about how big .gc is. i recommended the last time that he just drop the tag to avoid any issues. apparently he didn't listen.

Fallen,

I understand your position in that FU represents a clan and not an abbreviation for an oh-so-kind-compliment.

I hope you understand our position in that our priority is maintaining the integrity and cleanliness of our servers. We do not want even one Joe Pubber or regular thinking that GC standards have slipped because they misinterpreted your clan initials. Given the number of players that hit our servers, that is a realistic possibility and we cannot allow that to happen.

We've had this conversation with other people in a similar situation (wth clan, GD clan, etc) and we've asked them to modify or drop their clan names as well. It's nothing personal against you or your clan.

:peace:

Guest FaLLeN
Guest FaLLeN
Guest FaLLeN
Guests
(edited)
Fallen,

I understand your position in that FU represents a clan and not an abbreviation for an oh-so-kind-compliment.

I hope you understand our position in that our priority is maintaining the integrity and cleanliness of our servers. We do not want even one Joe Pubber or regular thinking that GC standards have slipped because they misinterpreted your clan initials. Given the number of players that hit our servers, that is a realistic possibility and we cannot allow that to happen.

We've had this conversation with other people in a similar situation (wth clan, GD clan, etc) and we've asked them to modify or drop their clan names as well. It's nothing personal against you or your clan.

:peace:

Above and beyond, no it wasn't. It wasn't until after the freeze(Which I didn't understand why I was even frozen, asking repeatedly why and not finding out until after that round.), that I even knew they wanted my name changed. Keyser was rather rude about it and I was returning the favor back to him and I think the Admin thought I was talking about him.

After the kick, I came back and tried to explain that other members have OK'd it and then I was kicked and banned. Did I argue with him? As far as me having told other members in the server (Wish I could remember names but as you've pointed out, it's a large clan.), yes. So it would clear things up had I been kicked from the get go or whatever when I first started playing on the server. I've been playing on the server under a couple diff names but that's the first time ever getting even so much as kicked for having {FU} in my name.

Thank you Duke for your more-then-civil reponse. Duly noted, I'll change my name when I come in the server. Now may I be unbanned?

Edited by FaLLeN

Admin messages, a freeze, and a kick, and that's not going above and beyond? You were well warned.

There's more to the ban then just not using the name. There's also respect that is owed to the admins. They are here to play and have fun just as you are, not explain why they have asked you to do something.

I'm attaching the logs of this. Looks like Jerm gives some good advice. I'm sure with many admins around here that kick woulda been a ban.

So if there's some assurance that admins will be respected in the future, I'm sure DNA will agree to lift this in a more than reasonable time.

Fallen Logs

please also note - the only people representing gamerscoalition have a .gc appended to their name. sorry some of the responses you've had were less than desireable, but some of our reg (and pubbers) enjoy and appreciate our clean atmosphere...maybe a little too much.

btw, thanks for understanding our perspective. thanks for offering to change your name.

Hey NP.

Very little can be discussed or accomplished by putting someone on the defensive. Thanks for staying civil.

Sorry to say I'm only diplomatic in the forums... I'll still drop ya in game. ;)

I have no issues with changing the ban, it sounds like we covered what needed to be discussed. Now that fallen has joined the forums he will hopefully continue to be an active player and part of our coalition. See you in-game.