US Grand Prix 2006

Chief

For those of you who like Formula 1, Longhair and his brothers and sis-n-law met up for our annual reunion in Indianapolis. We were lucky enough to see Schumie win for the 5th time, which is a good thing, because I'm a Schumie fan.

F1_ferrari_parisairshow.jpg

Me with Schumie's Ferrari at the Paris Air Show in '97. My dad was director of international sales for allied signal so I got to go in early every day and I buddied up with the guys at the Shell booth and they took down all the chains and barriers and let me take my picture with the car and stuff.

chief_schumie.jpg

Me with Schumie's winning Ferrari

long_schumie.jpg

Long with Schumie's winning Ferrari a few laps later

ferrari_renault.jpg

Massa, Schumie, Fisi, Alonso early in the race. I tried to remember to get a few pix of the blue cars for Daf!

F1_renault.jpg

Here's a decent one for ya!

F1_renault_blur.jpg

He's going the distance, he's going for speed. He's all alone in 5th.

F1_freaks.jpg

There were a lot of kids with them (seats $85 each!) and none of them wore ear plugs. Ticked me off that they did that to that baby. If I was younger and drinking and I would have confronted the dad. Had to take a picture to shame this bum though.

F1_sunset.jpg

This is the view from our campsite Saturday night after qualifying. God bless the USA and thanks for bringing F1 to Indy! ps. Please bring it back with a contract extension!

I went but I was hoping those red cars would hit a wall :P

I got plenty of crappy pics from it, but I had a blast. The results of the race I didn't like (especially that first lap).

I was sitting in turn 7 for the race, qualifying as well. I was moving around durring the practices. I give those guys in red credit for winning, but I blame the tires :P

When I went in 2003 I had a total blast. My favorites were the practices and Qualifications cause I walked around the whole track and saw all kinds of angles. The race was a good one too, with changing conditions and spins, only thing I sat on the straight and saw almost no action aside the pitstops but later when I saw the race on TV it was great. I'm gonna save some money and maybe go next year.

Can you guys put out a pic or two full size for wallpaper or something? That would rock!