APC UPS at a decent price

HWarrior

(edited)

Provantage has the APC Back-UPS RS Series BR900 for $73.05. I paid $89 shipped (weighs about 20lbs). Retail is $150. I ordered on Friday and received it first thing this morning. Provantage ships from regional warehouses. Provantage is great on price and they ship quickly but they are bad about sending the tracking number. Not really a problem for me (work from home), but just something to keep in mind if you pick one up.

Quick Specs:

900VA

540 Watts

4 Outlets - Battery backup

3 Outlets - Surge only

Main reason I bought it was for this...

Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)

Automatically corrects low and high voltage conditions, allowing you to work through brownouts and overvoltages without discharging the battery. This saves battery life, increases uptime, and improves your productivity.

I almost picked up the BX900 but the XS series only comes with Boost and no Trim. Really need that as we frequently get power spikes here. Also the RS series has ethernet protection added in.

Bundled software is nice for monitoring the unit. With just my comp, monitor, router, & cable modem attached I draw 320Watts on idle. Can't wait to see what that looks like when the vid card kicks in and all 4 hard drives are spinning. A great feature is the ability to set incoming 120V warning levels. I tweaked my levels to 136V (high) & 104V(low). Currently incoming is at 125V. Also the ability to disable the alarms when the computer is off is a nice touch (not like my computer is ever off).

Probably gonna pick up another to replace my cheapo 600VA ups that is protecting my hdtv/cablebox/htpc/ps2/ps1 setup downstairs.

Edited by HWarrior