ups battery time

Guys,

on a UPS such as this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16842107113

I am wondering what if I plugged in a wireless mic system into this. Would it power the wireless mics

or not?

I know these have all these windows features but I just want a regular power source for like a park to use wireless microphones.

I need about a 3 hr run time though : )

Auggy

Well, if they're anything like the batteries I use for RC, you need to know the amp draw of the device you're using. The batteries I use in my heli for example have 2.2 amps/hour of storage. Meaning they'll run a 2.2 amp draw device for 1 hour.

There's also some formula for figuring it out with watts.

You might also consider a power inverter for your car, which would be much cheaper.

How many watts is your wireless mic system gonna use? Above 50W, you are gonna have trouble finding a cheap UPS to power for 3 hours. Power inverter is a good idea or possibly a generator setup.

Notice from this chart, even at 50W a 1500VA UPS is only gonna power for 2 hours.

For three hours? I think that's gonna take a much heftier UPS than you want to get into. Storing that kind of power isn't really feasible. I'd consider looking into some of the other suggestions in this thread such as inverters. There's also the option of looking into equivalent setups that are designed to draw minimal power, but I presume you already own the equipment and want to avoid that.

However, you know (or can find out) the draws on your equipment, so in lieu of lots of hand-calculations, here's the APC calculator:

http://www.apc.com/tools/ups_selector/index.cfm

Good luck!

--edit--

P.S. don't forget to over-guesstimate your runtime. If you put it at three hours hard, you may not have the extra juice to finish up.

Edited by appalachian_fox

thanks for the calculator, looks like it would cost me abotu 6,000.00 hahahahahah

For three hours? I think that's gonna take a much heftier UPS than you want to get into. Storing that kind of power isn't really feasible. I'd consider looking into some of the other suggestions in this thread such as inverters. There's also the option of looking into equivalent setups that are designed to draw minimal power, but I presume you already own the equipment and want to avoid that.

However, you know (or can find out) the draws on your equipment, so in lieu of lots of hand-calculations, here's the APC calculator:

http://www.apc.com/tools/ups_selector/index.cfm

Good luck!

--edit--

P.S. don't forget to over-guesstimate your runtime. If you put it at three hours hard, you may not have the extra juice to finish up.

thanks for the calculator, looks like it would cost me abotu 6,000.00 hahahahahah

:o

Yeah, I'm thinking inverter or even your own private generator would cost you less. Of course, then you have the noise problem...But that can readily be solved with enough cable.

Good luck, hope you find a good (and cheap) solution! Let us know.