Mouse Button Utility

Unclean

I think it was this forum where someone talked about a utility that can run in the background that lets users use ALL buttons a mouse has in games.

For example, with my MX1000, there's a forward/back mouse button, and another in the middle I'd like to use. However, UT only recognizes the front/back.

I can't find any mention of it via the site search. Any ideas on what that software is?

For my logitech mx518, I just use Logitech Setpoint to program my other buttons to keystrokes. Then in UT just set keybinds to those keystrokes. You just have to do it before you start up UT and then when you finish playing change them back. I just leave mine in UT mode all the time. Would be nice if you could save the settings as profiles and then swap between them. Hmm.... maybe time to investigate my registry to see what Setpoint actually does.

I have an MX1000 and use the logitec setpoint utility to alter my mouse buttons to my heart's desire. That's what you should dl from Logitec. Make sure to use the option "game detect" and "game mode" settings under the "my mouse" tab. They can be found by clicking the symbol that looks like a rook in chess.

(edited)
Hmm.... maybe time to investigate my registry to see what Setpoint actually does.

Well, Logitech stores settings in an xml file (C:\Documents and Settings\LOGINNAME\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint). Changing that file doesn't cause changes to take effect. Change isn't noticed until Setpoint.exe does some magic.

But I did find this http://www.logigamer.com/. DLing now.

Update: I don't think I'll be installing this. Looks like a lot of probs for mx518.

Update 2: Setpoint version 3 is supposed to enable profiles for certain mice. However, I can't find out which mice they are. I installed Setpoint 3 and it doesn't offer it for mx518. Logitech G5 does have profiles as seen here.

Update 3: Just found uberOptions and it works for my mx518. You must have Setpoint installed. It basically adds more options to the setpoint control panel including the ability to set options based on program. You can have 1 set of mouse buttons for all time, another set for Firefox, and another for UT. Works good so far.

Edited by HWarrior