vonnegut

Sir Shertown Pimp

I have read every vonnegut book published as far as I know. I love his dark humor and range of styles. His non fiction stuff is missable but everything else is a must read as far as I am concerned. Slaughterhouse 5 is a book all should read... but cat's cradle is my favorite one. I have read em all and would take the time to rank em all in my opinion but am a bit drunk/lazy/busy to do it now. I could give a quick rundown of a few of his that ALL should read if anyone is interested. Worst case read any of em, they are all goodish.

"[Kilgore] Trout, incidentally, had written a book about a money tree. It had 20 dollar bills for leaves. Its flowers were government bonds. Its fruit was diamonds. It attracted human beings who killed eachother around the roots and made very good fertilizer. So it goes."

-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse V

He liked that phrase "so it goes", didn't he?

"[Kilgore] Trout, incidentally, had written a book about a money tree. It had 20 dollar bills for leaves. Its flowers were government bonds. Its fruit was diamonds. It attracted human beings who killed eachother around the roots and made very good fertilizer. So it goes."

-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse V

He liked that phrase "so it goes", didn't he?

nice quote there! classic vonneget

I've read cat's cradle and breakfast of champions in the last month or so.

then you should read slaughterhouse-five next. I believe its his bestselling

ive read a bunch of his books and short stories.

he came to my college to give a lecture to the honors inst. and a speech and he was absolutley amazing. he must have been 83 at the time. he gave the speech in a church and cussed frequently on purpose to be cynical about religion, both hilarious and revealing. one of my fav quotes from him is "ive been smoking pal mals since i was 14 and im going to sue them i think. they guaranteed i'd be dead by now!"