A bit of recognition...

witt

I just found out Tuesday that I've been accepted into the Integrated Marketing Program at DePaul. This is a pretty big deal for me, as they only take 20-25 people a year, and I haven't even completed the requirements necessary to apply. One of my professors recommended me to the head of the program, and after applying and interviewing I've been accepted. I've come a long way in the last two years, and I've finally done something that I can be proud of.

I got into a lot of trouble when I was a kid (legal and otherwise), and got kicked out of my high school and spent 6 months in a high-security reform school out in the Utah desert. It's a miracle that I even got into a college.

After high school I went to U of Colorado at Boulder, and spent about my time doing everything but studying. I partied (a lot), and spent most of my time in Vail/Breck/Beaver Creek, instead of in class. After two years of that, I decided I didn't like where I was headed, so I dropped out and went home to Chicago.

I spent a year working for Aon, a warranty company, and returned to school at DePaul in January 2006. Since then, I've maintained a 4.0 gpa, and now I've been accepted into one of the Business school's honors programs. I'm really excited, and I'm so glad that despite my past I've been able to have some success. Now I just have to keep heading in the right direction.