wireless network drops connection

shep48

Make sure you have the latest firmware on there. And make sure your wireless cards are designed to work with that type of router.

If the router is pumping out the pre-n signal and your cards are b & g only it may be causing some interruptions. If you can set the signal to g or b only. Depending on your type of wireless cards you're using.

I had a problem with my new linksys as well...there is a channel setting that is defaulted at 6 i beleive in the router...I had to make sure the laptop was set to same channel...then it was fine. I was in a frenzy that day..so I dont remember where I found the setting in the laptop, sorry :(...but it's there.

1. Make sure it is on a diff channel than 6 (lots of cordless phones and such are on this channel)

2. Like lunk said firmware

3. Set to G only if you only have G equipment, your comp is prolly G (like lunk said)

4. Turn off "Broadcast SSID" makes it undiscoverable by everyone

5. Turn it to 64 bit encryption instead of 128 bit (some will be against this). I say this because atleast from what we have gotten from Netgear (the brand of router we use for customers at work) Thats what Netgear corporate told TWC Corporate. IMO if someone can break 64 bit encryption, they will break your 128bit

6. Make sure the router is in the center of the house, microwaves/cordless phones/fridges are the devil to wireless connections, basically screw the kitchen