Charging your XBox 360 controllers

appalachian_fox

XBox 360 owners,

I'll presume you all own the "premium" system, or at least have rued your purchase and since acquired at least one wireless controller.

What do you use to recharge your controller?

--The quick charge kit?:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1142292825067

--The play & charge kit?:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1126591945685

--Did you invest in Energizer?

I'd like to hear what you've tried, what you think of the solution, the ups and downs, etc. My intuition says the Quick Charge kit would be pretty cool, especially since it claims to have a relatively quick charge cycle. With one extra battery, and the space for a second, it seems like it would scale well to four-player marathons. The Play and Charge kit also looks good, though, and it's half price. Plus, as I understand it, no downtime when switching batteries.

Which, of course, brings me back to the solicitation of opinions. I'd like to hear what y'all have, what you like / dislike about it, etc. Thanks in advance!

I just buy 36 AA batteries at a time from Costco, they seem to last well just less hassle to just replace them than plugging it on to charge.

So investing in Energizer? lol

I'm still using batteries but I'm buying a second controller and the Quick Charge kit...but with that you also have to buy the second battery pack...im unclear as to whether the play and charge kit comes with a battery pack as well, if it does i might just pick that up as well (if its priced the same as the battery pack alone)

They seem to last longer than the rechargable kits, imo, and with 2 kids in the house we always seem to have an abundance of batteries lying around, I certainly don't buy them specifically for the 360, lol.

At $7ish for 36 (could be more, I have a feeling they're 48 packs) I can't really complain about the cost.

I get 2 days of play time out of my Energizers (not straight, but weekends) and I'm nearing the end of my giant pack of batts...and they're much much more expensive up here ($20 at least for more than 8) unless I get the cheapies...which I can't do...

I don't tend to just sit and play for hours on end, but, normally at least an hour a night (after everyone else has gone to bed) and they normally seem to last for 2-3 weeks. Which I guess is probably a total of 2 days solid.

I'm not sure who makes the Costco ones but, as with most of their stuff I'm guessing it's either a rebranded Duracell or Energizer.

Edited by Leveller