DOOM(tm)

anonymo

Eh, it's not as good if you can't play it with a keyboard/mouse. Thats one game where you HAVE to play it with a keyboard/mouse in order to do anything, otherwise, you'd look like a goon trying to turn with the joystick.

Uh...this game was never played with a mouse champ...who looks like a goon now?

Eh, it's not as good if you can't play it with a keyboard/mouse. Thats one game where you HAVE to play it with a keyboard/mouse in order to do anything, otherwise, you'd look like a goon trying to turn with the joystick.

Um, yes it was. I didn't spend my childhood years flicking my mouse around pretending it didn't work.

Um, yes it was. I didn't spend my childhood years flicking my mouse around pretending it didn't work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom

Have you played the multiplayer mo? I tried today, and it was pretty laggy. Single player took me back tho.

every game is gonna be laggy at first when it's first out... it'll even out sooner or later

No, you spent your childhood years flicking your mouse around pretending it did work. :D

But seriously JC...while I think you could have used the mouse in Doom, it was completely useless as you can't look up or down. I don't think it was until Quake that we were giving such freedom as to try to look at our own feet.

No, you spent your childhood years flicking your mouse around pretending it did work. :D

But seriously JC...while I think you could have used the mouse in Doom, it was completely useless as you can't look up or down. I don't think it was until Quake that we were giving such freedom as to try to look at our own feet.

It made aiming alot easier. I know you can't look up or down, but I used my mouse to both move forward, shoot, and aim horizontally. Plus, when playing deathmatch, I could flick my mouse and get that quick 180 kill.

I could never use the keyboard only setting in Doom because it's basically playing with a joystick because you can't fine-tune your aim, and that was a needed given when using the rocket launcher.

It made aiming alot easier. I know you can't look up or down, but I used my mouse to both move forward, shoot, and aim horizontally. Plus, when playing deathmatch, I could flick my mouse and get that quick 180 kill.

I could never use the keyboard only setting in Doom because it's basically playing with a joystick because you can't fine-tune your aim, and that was a needed given when using the rocket launcher.

hax!

GC Alumni
(edited)
Maverick' date='Oct 13 2006, 02:29 PM' post='371314']

I never played Doom with a mouse...that's just crazy talk...

Heck, I was still using my keyboard for Duke Nukem 3D!

Now THATS crazy talk...

You gotta be crazy not to play Doom without a mouse.

Okay, I challenge anyone to a 1v1 deathmatch. You use keyboard only, I'll use keyboard/mouse.

I win. :P

Edited by JackieChan

Maverick' date='Oct 13 2006, 02:29 PM' post='371314']

I never played Doom with a mouse...that's just crazy talk...

Heck, I was still using my keyboard for Duke Nukem 3D!

Now THATS crazy talk...

You gotta be crazy not to play Doom without a mouse.

Okay, I challenge anyone to a 1v1 deathmatch. You use keyboard only, I'll use keyboard/mouse.

I win. :P

hax!