New Computers

SuperJo

I think ive seen this topic before, but If I have never built a computer before, but I know a little, like I've opened up my computer before and changed RAM, VideoCards, Fans, and Sound Cards. Would it be better to buy a new computer from some dealer, or to try to build my own. If I dont want to spend much, I might just stay with my current setup, I dont know.

So should I buy a new computer from like Dell or Alienware or something? Or build my own, or stay with my current setup. If I build how should i do that like Buy them all from a website and they will do it for me:)? or send it to me.

my current setup is a

Dell 4300S, 1.7 Ghz 768 SDRAM,

Geforece 3 ti200 with 64

a pci sb512 sound card

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

i agree with killa......your pc is pretty much up to cpu speed u can go a little higher speed but check ur powersupply can handle it and mobo and stuff so it might get a little expensive.....btw alienware isnta good money saving place....but good computers......

Im build my new pc this week 8P)

GOod luck

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Since my pc is already custom built, I am going to start on my upgrading process this week. I am picking up the Epox Nforce-2 mobo on newegg.com. 88 bucks. Has great sound already on it, a NIC, etc are all already on it. including firewall and usb 2.0. Freakin sweet.

Alright click HERE to see what i just built a couple of weeks ago. If you have a monitor this could run you about 800-900 bucks with good shopping. My most expensive part was my processor 230 bucks. But when all is said and done i probably saved myself around 500 bucks by building it myself.

I'll tell you it's was a nice learning experience. And yes alienware is probably out of your budget. Great comps but a bit on the pricey side.

If is was you build your own... If you have the experience. I needed some help, (thx gunman and homer)

Whats a good video card out there then?

Here we go again.......... :D

Actually, there are several posts around here about video cards with everyone discussing Nvidia v. ATI. Just do a search for either and you'll find some advice.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

NVIDVIAVIVADIIVDIVAIVDIVIDNIVANIDA!!! > ati + dx8.1 > dx9 = yup

<_<:P

ok ok but seriously...

ati < nvidia

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

The best card for the money right now is the Radeon 9500 pro which can now be picked up for around 180. Wait until Next month after the new ATI 9800 pro comes out and the 9600 pro comes out along with the GeForce FX, and the prices of the others will drop fast. Just wait... i am..... tax return baby.......