8 important lessons learned from 80's cartoons

Xterminator

Remember Robotech? I liked it much more than G.I. Joe at the time because in Robotech you could hear people dying and screaming in pain as they were shot down. Come to thing of it.. that might have been why my mother was none to impressed with it heh:).

Megatron was a favorite as well. Ah yes.. the glory days of the early 80's....

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

pft, i got good tv channels AFTER those cool shows like GI Joe and Transformers...I got stuck with the reruns of the Bugs Bunny Hour, the Jetsons and the other goodie goodie crud that Goofus was talking about.

The first time I saw the Transformers Movie where Megatron blew a hole in the middle of one of the autobots....now THAT was awesome american cartoons!

Anyone remember the Snorks? (refresher - under water Smurfs....lol), anyways I had a son back in Feb. (thank you very much) and we watch the "boomerang" channel together, it has all the old school Hanna Barbara cartoons (not sure on the Bar-bear-a spelling???) so if yoou miss those cartoons look for it in the oyour tv guide (tv guide still around?)

-frog

Anyone remember the Snorks? (refresher - under water Smurfs....lol), anyways I had a son back in Feb. (thank you very much) and we watch the "boomerang" channel together, it has all the old school Hanna Barbara cartoons (not sure on the Bar-bear-a spelling???) so if yoou miss those cartoons look for it in the oyour tv guide (tv guide still around?)

-frog

:D Tom Slick, George of the Jungle, The time-traveling kid and his dog, that Mounty guy, and the end of the show always ended with that guy sweeping up the trash...

Hanna-Barbera cartoons rock. Too bad they want your first-born child if you'd like to buy a season of The Flintstones on DVD, last time I checked. A quick perusal shows that they are much more reasonable, but I do remember the sticker shock when I first saw them walking around my local Best Buy: $65 a season. I believe I used choice hyperbole to give circumstances under which I would pay such a price.

Anyway, thanks for the post: Definitely got a few chuckles here.