Zune vs. Ipod

[LaW]Maverick

I realize that now, but Microsoft is also leaving the programming of the thing pretty open-ended. In other words, they're going to be able to expand the capability of the WiFi via software updates.

Also, it's still something the Zune can do that the Ipod cannot, and it's the same price.

Like I've said before:

Same price

more features

bigger screen

what's not to like?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick' date='Oct 9 2006, 09:47 AM' post='370484']

what's not to like?

The price. It's still pritty steep for me.

If microsoft came out with a 100 dollar version that worked as well as the I Pod, they would own the market.

The price. It's still pritty steep for me.

If microsoft came out with a 100 dollar version that worked as well as the I Pod, they would own the market.

$100 is prolly what it costs for the screen. :blink:

I'm real happy with my mp3 player... I mean it still gives me about 30 hours of play time and most importantly... it still plays music. Unless my mp3 player dies which I hope it never does... because I don't know if I can reconvert my music that's on it back to mp3 from ATRAC format... I prolly won't get a Zune. :shrug03:

BUT....I won't mind getting a Zune for x-mas! :halo:

Pfft. iPod... Zune... they both suck.

Reading those things about Zune makes me never want to touch one.

And... the iPod... lets just say I can't stand apple products. Not after that time I was typing something on a stupid crapintosh, turn to look at my notes, turn back to my computer, start typing, notice nothings happening, then I find out it froze on me for absolutely NO reason. If it wasn't going to get me suspended/expelled/fined for it, I would have thrown the computer on the ground and stomped it to heck.

Bottom line... Get an Ipod if you want to have something that is a social status symbol, like white wall tires. If you want a cheaper but probably more capable and better built player, go with a Zune or whatever they're trying to pitch against the Ipod these days. Furthermore, when you say "Ipod," even the old lady down the street knows what you're talking about, meaning it fits extremely well into any social situation. Is that worth the price difference? Perhaps not.

All of you already knew this, but I want to emphasize that you arent "succumbing to the beast," or whatever some people may want you to think if you purchase an Ipod. It was marketed well, and apple seemed to bowl a strike on the Ipod. If the company was smart enough to get it into the hands of millions of individuals, they obviously have done something right, and it may very well be worth the extra cost.

As an alternative I suggest looking on a mass retailing site like Amazon to find previous generation Ipods. You will find them significantly cheaper and still brand new there, all with warranties.

I own a 4th generation ipod, it works extremely well. I understand that I could have gotten a slightly larger hard-drive for the same price with a different brand. However, presented with the same situation I would still go with the Ipod.

Good luck with the search.