Dear Ohio Friends

Shropshire Slasher

The Beatiful Wife and I are leaving tomorrow to take the Kids to the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky.

If you have kids and have not been to one of these lodges, it's worth considering. Fun place to go.

Just curious if any of you know of any good restaurants in the Sandusky area that we should hit while there. They could be local favorites of any kind, family friendly places, and even nicer "mom and dad" style places in case we get a parents-only meal at some point.

Cheers,

SS

well I can really help you out with this lol....

1st choice and the best. Marconis in Huron Ohio, italian, chicken parm($11.99), chicken marsala, spagetti

from wolf lodge, head south 1 mile to Rt 2 go east on Rt 2 to huron approx 10 miles, just Past rye beach rd exit get in right lane and go into town Rt 6. at the 3rd traffic light make a left, park behind, corner of rt 6 and berlin rd.

2nd choice Damons on the water, nice view of lake, from wolf head north on rt 250, go over the overpass over the railroad tracks(BE IN THE LEFT LANE). next light go right , then straight approx 2 miles deadends into Damons

3rd Mannys, south from the wolf 2 miles, SW corner of bogart and 250, 1/2 mile south of rt 2

4th and the rest tourist town we have all the chains, bw3, red lobster, olive garden, outback, chilis, ruby tuesday and a million more all right on rt 250 (sam e road as the wolf)

Thanks for the recommendations Shep.

Ah Cedar Point. Haven't been in years. My parents took us every year growing up, so think late 70-s early 80-s. Went once right after college. The new coaster that year was the dinosaur one where your feet hang down. Been a while.

In a couple years, when the kids get older, definitely taking them to the Point.

And yes Fatty... the Happy Friar (?) as i seem to recall it was the place for fries with vinegar.

Thanks again... and if anyone has more recommendations... happy to hear them.

Oh... one more thing... is there a good "local" pizza place near the lodge? Something non-chain that makes a good pie?

CEM

Well... I'm back in Mich. Had a great time at the Lodge.

Thanks for the advice shep. Nice to have friends in the right places. :D

BTW, we tried to hit Marconi's for lunch today on our way out of town. Turns out, they open at 3:00. Oops. our bad.

anyways... maybe next time i'm down that way we can meet up for some dinner or something.

Cheers.