new agp card

Z3RO

:bang: so im tiered of the graphics corruption on my current card which is a radeon x800 xtx aiw. i got the card refurbished from newegg with graphics corruption and stupidly did not send it back. i've been dealing with it by simply restarting my computer till it starts with no corruption. ive tried redoing the bios on a suggestion from forz thinking tht some one had tried to flash it to a x850 and done it wrng. tht didnt work ive tryed every variation of drivers. at one point i thought it was under clocked and clocked it back up to wut i thought was stock speeds. (stock core speed is around 375 which is wut it was at i clocked it up to 500 :o it runs stable idk how tht works) so 4 or so months later and ive still hav the same problems. im looking for a new card i dont believe getting an expensive card will do me any good seeing a my processor will bottle neck it any way. was just looking for suggestions or a quick fix though im pretty sure theirs not one.

i dont want to spend over 150 would like to spend under 100 seeing as in a couple of months im building a whole new system anyways i just need something tht will work for the time being. if any one has any thing second hand tht would work to.

i was looking at this card but started to think its not worth it because of my processor. well any input is greatly appreciated

current specs are:

amd sempron 3200+ i think (its the suc)

1 gig of poo poo ram

the ati vid card

creative fatility sound card

crappy WD hard drive

its basically an emachines on steroids.

Well, the XFX 7800GS that I bought about 6 months ago is a great card (my last AGP card ever I guess), I've not had any issues with it, runs CSS without issue (as long as I have HDR on bloom only).

I'm running an AMD 3700+, with 2GB of Ram and don't often see FPS drop below 60 at my LCDs native resolution (not sure what that is off the top of my head).

I think it might struggle with some of the latest and greatest titles if you start turning up all the settings, but it happily ran FEAR at full settings with no problems at all.

But, it's still running at just over $200 from what I can see on Newegg, so not sure if it's over what you're looking to spend.

Edited by Leveller

well stock speed on the x800xt aiw is 500mhz (see here). buying a refurbished unit off newegg means that it comes with a factory bios. if you're having corruption issues then possibly it is getting too warm? what is your temperature in catalyst control center?

anyway, if the warranty is up then you're really at fault for not sending it back.

your best bet for a new card would be something like that x1650pro. that's exactly what i was thinking before i even clicked the link.

the stupid part is that your x800 is probably faster then the x1650...

im not sure if it came with any warranty nor hav i checked ill look into it. if tht is the stock clocking which is wut i though it was it came from new egg clocked at like 375. ill try the warranty deal but whn i got it form new egg all i received was the card no warranty forms no nothing. im not even shure if it still has the serial sticker on it. :(

its the right model tht was why i was confused whn i opened riva tuner and saw the core clock speed was set tht low. but im going to try and see if i can get it repaired under warranty I've sent in for an rma number. the only problem is i have no way of knowing if its under warranty still. well i guess ill find out soon :D. i hope its still under warranty because i rely don't want to get another card.

If you are buying a new card then I would say go with this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814241017

has 512mb and is only $105 after rebate.

But if I were you, and this is just me, I would feel a little slighted by this and would order a new card of the same model, send back the old one and get another new one for someone else and slpit the costs or send it back and get the money back. Providing of course you can find someone who sells the same card and also that you haven't damaged it or pulled off stickers or changed heatsinks or something.