Possibly maybe hopfully with luck

I am planning on getting a new computer at the end of January. This is my current new egg wish list (I kinda went all out). This computer will be strictly GAMING ONLY ( :D ). I have to go all out because my current pc is AGP based and I can no longer upgrade the graphics. :(

I'm going SLI for the first time so any advise would be great! :spin2:

Case

Motherboard

Graphics x2

I am contemplating going with the 3 graphics (2 SLI and 1 for physics). I'm not sure I'm going to do this (no application support yet as far as I know.) If I did this I was going to add a 8800 GTS

Power Supply

Proccessor

Memory

Hard Drives x2

Sound Card

Thermal Paste (Heck why not? :) )

Heat Sink

I have one concern. The heat sink is so large I think it might have a few mounting issues. :(

P.S. I hopping there are some good buys on black Friday so I can knock a few of these off of here for cheap.

( I'm not delusional just hoping there are some hard drive deals maybe even a sound card.)

Edited by Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass

For all of that, you better get a full tower case. It might not all fit in a midtower, and if it did heat would be a major problem. The specifications for that Zalman heatsink don't say it supports LGA775. I've always been reluctant of Maxtor cause they seem to have problems a lot. That much storage is way more than enough for just a gaming rig. Hard drives that large start to slow down because of so much area it has to search through for data. A single 250 or 300 would be good, maybe with a raptor or something thrown in. Everything else looks good. Course, you could always get a quad-core. :D

same as i said to bubblegum. shoot me a pm when you're ready to buy and i'll give you the best system possible for your budget.

btw, ati is releasing r600 around the end of january and it's gonna be a monster and much quicker than 8800gtx by all reports thus far.