Here's a fun idea

Saris

http://www.games.net/features/106982_1.shtml

I was surfing the web and found this article, as well as a few other top 10 things (see right of page.)

I like this idea. I agree with the lightnning scarabs from diablo 2 - on hell mode, they'd waste just about everybody, and they were immune to ice, making most sorcs useless. Then you'd have amazons shooting them repeatedly and wiping out the whole party. Then there was the maggot lair, where noobies would block you, or weak, non-damage dealing chars would get in front and take forever to kill stuff.

The medusa heads drive me nuts too. In that same category are the birds from the original Ninja Gaiden. I don't see how barnacles were a problem, they're easy to kill/avoid.

Devil May cry 3 gave me a lot of frustration, but also was a lot of fun.

Though, I think 2 games take the cake - Contra: Shattered Soldier, trying to get S-rank and blowing it on the last stage!!! (OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!, painful memories)) (All it takes is one death through the whole game to lose it) and one time, playing World of Warcraft, I was trying to assemble a team during a standoff in battlegrounds, where they had our flag and we had theirs. I typed in all caps, swore like a ten year old, that our flag was in the same place, guarded by 4+ ppl and I couldn't take it alone (I really was the ONLY person trying to return our flag)--- it wa a 30 min stand off, let alone the length of that game.

Oh, and of course, my jaw hits the floor everytime I unload a full clip point blank into someones spine and hit nothing but air. (Remember that high house map, anyone?)

Yeah those medusa heads are horrible. Especially the ones who turn you into stone when they touch you. Those are the worst. The barnacles are annoying when there are a lot of them in a room or when you're running from platform to platform and they are right in your path.