What happened?? No one playing??

Another suggestion.

I think there will still be plenty of people that play UT2004 in the future. I mean, I know it will drop off a lot, but...

WHAT IF:

We kept temerity as a pub UT2K4 server (12 ppl)

and went full with Nep to UT2007?

Also...I know what you mean about ppl on public servers lately...been pretty dead.

I usually don't try until 8 pm or so...however, I do find more ppl, even during the day, on during weekends. Most of my extended play sessions are then...

Just finished 1 hour by my lonesome :(

Temerity as our private match server has been supported by just us UT guys - *not* by GC dues (speaking of which, Flitter matching half of the private server is getting to be a bit much given the amount of use its been getting lately (*cough*). Three month bill came and went a few days ago so we are good thru Feb but we need to go to full member support at that point if we want to keep it)

Anyhoo - we *are* going to UT2K7 - when the demo drops, our 18p pub goes away (if it is still around at that point) and become the demo server - once full game is released, demo becomes our 2K7 pub.

A complete flip over.

Now, if we still want to maintain a 2K4 presence, in whatever fashion, it can be addressed then. Bottom line is as far as GC is concerned, our one pub flips to 2K7 regardless - hopefully this time we will have enough admins and long term leadership in place to keep it going from the start.

-Fk

There must be some issues with the master server. This afternoon it seemed like all was well with about the average number of servers coming up and being played. Just now only 2 servers came up and it didn't show Nepenthe though I know Nepenthe is up as it's in my favorite list???

Temerity as our private match server has been supported by just us UT guys - *not* by GC dues (speaking of which, Flitter matching half of the private server is getting to be a bit much given the amount of use its been getting lately (*cough*). Three month bill came and went a few days ago so we are good thru Feb but we need to go to full member support at that point if we want to keep it)

Anyhoo - we *are* going to UT2K7 - when the demo drops, our 18p pub goes away (if it is still around at that point) and become the demo server - once full game is released, demo becomes our 2K7 pub.

A complete flip over.

Now, if we still want to maintain a 2K4 presence, in whatever fashion, it can be addressed then. Bottom line is as far as GC is concerned, our one pub flips to 2K7 regardless - hopefully this time we will have enough admins and long term leadership in place to keep it going from the start.

-Fk

This sounds like the way to go with Nepenthe, thanks.

I think you should have asked before paying that 3 month bill for Temerity. I don't see us being able to have enough people for TWL and it seems like kind of a waste. I don't want to see you eat the whole expense though. How much is a 3 month bill and what's a fair share to contribute? Also I believe I used paypal last time but don't remember the email address I sent it to.

There must be some issues with the master server. This afternoon it seemed like all was well with about the average number of servers coming up and being played. Just now only 2 servers came up and it didn't show Nepenthe though I know Nepenthe is up as it's in my favorite list???

A complete flip over.

-Fk

This sounds like the way to go with Nepenthe, thanks.

I think you should have asked before paying that 3 month bill for Temerity. I don't see us being able to have enough people for TWL and it seems like kind of a waste. I don't want to see you eat the whole expense though. How much is a 3 month bill and what's a fair share to contribute? Also I believe I used paypal last time but don't remember the email address I sent it to.

I never knew about paying for Temerity...otherwise, I would have...since I've played or practiced on it like 5 times.

I was suggesting that NEP goes to UT2K7, I thought that was a given once the demo dropped.

My only suggestion was a possible UT2k4 pub server remaining as Temerity...just a thot...since I'm new here, I didn't know it was paid for by GC members at their discretion.

I never knew about paying for Temerity...otherwise, I would have...since I've played or practiced on it like 5 times.

Once our UT core membership dropped, we had to be fair to the rest of GC and make our memberships really go towards the pub server costs (long story short: overall membership always picks up everyone's slack regardless of where they spend most of thier time, however, at the extremes there has to be some issues of fairness of where they money is going)

So, to keep us up and running TWL style, we picked up the private on our own.

I was suggesting that NEP goes to UT2K7, I thought that was a given once the demo dropped.

Yep and yep - I guess I just reiterated it.

My only suggestion was a possible UT2k4 pub server remaining as Temerity...just a thot...since I'm new here, I didn't know it was paid for by GC members at their discretion.

Quite possible, but that can be decided way down the line (like when the demo drops)

Side note - anyone see Gogonzolla lately?

-Fk

As for the empty servers / server list not showing anything - Epic just cleared up some problems with the Master Server thingy (was posted in the Epic forums) so folks who have not bookmarked us should find us (and all the other servers out there) again.

-Fk

Nothing like keeping low numbers low :P

When I go on at night I always check GC server first, but it's usually only got 3 people in and I cant STAND bots, so i end up going to sck or donkey.

ermm.. donkey? :crazy:

When I go on at night I always check GC server first, but it's usually only got 3 people in and I cant STAND bots, so i end up going to sck or donkey.

LOL! I had typed the "A - double scribble" word in caps, but I guess I shoulda typed (A . S . S) instead, standing for American Supreme Soldiers or something like that.

Edited by DarkArchon

LOL! I had typed the "A - double scribble" word in caps, but I guess I shoulda typed (A . S . S) instead, standing for American Supreme Soldiers or something like that.

heh. Yeah, I've played on that server too.

heh. Yeah, I've played on that server too.

Whenever I need some cheering up after playing againt Bushwack, CDawg, .:hate:., el_sincerio, and whoever 8th is aliasing as, I just jump on there and pwn a bunch of noobs. That's pretty much all who player there: noobs and maybe 2 good decent players. It's not hard to get a killing spree on foot, and with a little effort a rampage on foot is quite likely too.