laggy cs....

Guest [DW]Archaic

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

ok, recently i had a problem with my mic in-game where no one could understand me because it would cut in and out... so i figured to fix this i would reinstall my cs. I have retail and i reinstalled and it fixed my mic problem fine, but i encountered a new, worse problem.... on every single server i play on i spike from whatever my normal ping is, example: DOH foxtrot i would ping normally a steady 30, well now when i join i ping about a 50 to start then soon as i jump into some combat my choke hits 100 and my ping shoots up to at least 150. It is sooooo annoying, its impossible to hit anything.

I have no idea what is causing this lag, i am guessing it is just my computer cause my isp doesnt seem to be laggy, even my laptop which i can run cs from decently pings better then my main comp now... So please if anyone knows how to fix this please respond.

it also is worse with the more people in server, if its like a 2v2 it doesnt really spike up past about 90... i dont know please help!!!!!!!! o0o:blink::(

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

need:

1. system specs, all the detail the better

2. connection type.

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

alright i have a...

1.4 ghz p4 processor

128mb geforce 4 ti 4200

392mb of rd ram

40 gig hd

ummm retail cs... displaying at 1024x768

and i have comcast cable for connection

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

do this. it does sound like rate settings, but try this. Try some other servers like DOH's and some pub ones that ping well and see if you can play without issue. This will tell us if it may be that server related, or if it is cs related, or it may be a router between you and the server causing the ping spikes. That was my problem a couple years back when I had Verizon (worst communication company on the planet) DSL.

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

It does this in all servers... every one, some worse then others but still every server now i spike.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

what are you rates and what not set on? m0ss and others know the optimal settings better than I do. Make sure your settings are all set to the best level, and if you have vsync turned on, that could also do it. You have a vid GF vid card. Make sure you have it on Open GL driver after the reinstall. Make sure all your drivers are up to par. Ensure you do not have a bunch of other progs running in the back ground.

I had problems with choke/lag. First if all my roomates were playing, we would have nasty pings, So i changed my cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate to 30 and it fixed that, next when I put a fresh copy of CS on, I would have a constant choke of 50-100. So I simply doubl clicked CSfull15.exe, in your case cs1005.exe and let it reinstall the upgrade and it works fine now...I dont think it over writes yoru config, but just back it up to be sure.

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

cl_updaterate = 20

cl_cmdrate = 30

rate = 2500.000000

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

what do i type to change my rate?

I had this same problem with my mic skiping in and out. It was because my cl_cmdrate was 10 and I moved it to 30 and my mic was fine. If that isnt the problem for you, don't know what to tell ya.

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

Rev i put my rate up to 9999, it seemed to help alot better for like the first 10 mins but it still does spike. But i think it did help a little. It doesnt lag AS bag for AS long... so thanks alot :D