Plasma+HD LCD TVs.

Xoul

Alright, I'm not sure if this has been discussed so here goes. Would a Plasma or HD LCD TV run well if it was used as a PC monitor running at 1080i or 720p? Im not asking WHICH would be better. I'm asking if there would be any ghosting. I know about all the frame rates, but is there any response time?

You wouldn't see any ghosting as long as the response time of the lcd hd tv monitor was good... both mo and i have a 32" LCD HD TV that we use as gaming monitors and for hdtv - it's great for css since its only 8 ms.. the only problem is that its max resolution is around 1400 by 800, however the pixels don't seem big at all when i'm playing

- i'll try to find the link.

Alright, I'm not sure if this has been discussed so here goes. Would a Plasma or HD LCD TV run well if it was used as a PC monitor running at 1080i or 720p? Im not asking WHICH would be better. I'm asking if there would be any ghosting. I know about all the frame rates, but is there any response time?

Check your resolutions on LCD and Plasma...

If you want to run at a 1/2 way decent resolution, you will have to get HD...most of those are 1920 x 1080...which is standard HD...And if you are going HD, you might as well go for the 1080p not 1080i.

It is hard to find those for less than $2000.

And, your vid card has to be able to display at thos higher resolutions with good framrates...

You don't wanna be playing games at 720 x 480...that is like 1996... I played DOOM 3 on a 720 x 480p 55" TV and it looked pretty bad.

I play game sometimes on an HD LCD projector at 1280 x1024 and that looks pretty ok.

As far as ghosting...that is response time (ms) as was stated earlier...

Anything with a 8ms response (or lower) usually has no ghosting...

Backlight bleed might be more of an issue on cheaper LCD TV's...

I have a 56" LCD projection, it will run at 1024x768. Basically all TVs that say 720p or 1080i will do a 1024x768 or somewhere around there. 1080p TVs will runn at least 1920x1080.

CS looks good on my 56" at 1024x768, althought I could imagine 1920x1080 would be beast.

I'm looking at one right now its not too expensive its a 42 inch Viore. It does 1024x768, which is what i use anyway, and it does 1080i and 720p. Its only 998 dollars. But, I'm going to shop around some more before I decide.

(edited)
I'm looking at one right now its not too expensive its a 42 inch Viore. It does 1024x768, which is what i use anyway, and it does 1080i and 720p. Its only 998 dollars. But, I'm going to shop around some more before I decide.

hey man.. I can't stress enough to wait and keep your eye open. I've been wanting to get a big screen for a long time, but didn't have it in me to drop that kind of cash down on one. So every time I went to the store, Id just go look at the TVs. Well, I went to Sam's the other day, stopped and did my usual rounds of looking and there was a returned 56" LCD projection for $1100. Unless you want a smaller TV, go compare the two side by side and you will definitely want the larger one. There are great deals out there, just wait until you come across one.

Edited by NOFX