Spending Money!

dragonfly

Let's say I've got about $1000 to spend at the moment. Here's what I'm currently running:

-Asus A8N s939 Premium

-AMD X2 4200+ @ 2.4

-2gigs OCZ Gold XTC Ram

-7900gtx

-X-Fi Platinum

-Enermax 600w PSU (noistaker i do believe)

-250gig SATA2 WD hdd

Here's what I'm thinking:

mobo

c2d

ram

= 1009.98 w/ shipping and taxes

Edit: here's the thing: I dont really think I can benefit from an 8800 right now, since there's no dx10, I dont have vista (my roommate bought it, I cant see myself getting it yet ) and I already have decent frames. They just seem super overpriced to me. However, speed is great (especially when you record like me), and it seems like a more futureproof (ish) type thing to spend some cash on.

I am very open for suggestions. What do you guys think? Cujo? I know you're definitely the Canadian guru :)

btw, I'm from the 52nd state, Canada, so newegg really doesnt help :P They wont ship here.

Edited by DarkArchon

(edited)

good cpu and ram. i would get the asus board. evga is excellent for vid cards but that's their first ever motherboard.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...anufacture=ASUS

all that stuff is cheaper at www.infonec.com. i buy all my stuff from the mississauga store and they are excellent.

what are you doing with your old stuff?

Edited by Cujo

(edited)

Thanks Cujo, I'll check into that site a bit. The big selling point for me for NCIX was the no PST.

I hadnt decided what I'd do with my old stuff. I picked up a XION-II by NCIX for $60 a few weeks ago. My roommate bought that case and it seems great for $60 (i got a wicked deal, he paid about $90 i think).

I was considerring selling the cpu/mobo/proc. Either that, or shove it in that case, buy a relatively cheap PSU and gfx card and sell it to someone around here. Meh, I really dont know.

Edit: what's the big deal between NF4 and 680i? Huge price jump. I also doubt I'll need 3 PCIx16 slots... :P thogh I would like it (if possible) to be quad-core compatible

Edited by DarkArchon