*Updated*Deadbox

anonymo

So just an update folks...after a long time of "where the sam-hell is that stupid box" I call MS again to find out that they never received it. :=

So I go to my parent's place (where I send all my large mail) and low and behold it's sitting in the front hall...gotta love parents..."we told you about that weeks ago...didn't we?"

Uh no...

So I call up MS again and explain to them the story...they say no prob but this time they are sending me the shipping box (which is nice cause I wasn't too confident in my packing ability anyways)

I sent it off exactly 2 weeks and 4 days ago. My friend sent his off exactly one week before me and he just spoke with MS who told him they had just received it in Texas (it goes to a suburb of Toronto for evaluation first) and that it would be sent out within 3-5 business days...so the earliest he's getting it back is next week and I fear I'll have to wait even longer... :(

Halo 3 beta begins May 16th (haha if you didn't already know) so I can only hope and pray I get it back before that...

man, good luck getting it back before the beta starts... Mine's gonna be workin but I won't have any time to play it!

maybe they'll send you an elite as a replacement for your dead one :freak3:

maybe they'll send you an elite as a replacement for your dead one :freak3:

Shhhhh...you'll jinx it!

<prays>

Actually I thought of that weeks ago (basically the day after I sent it in). I highly doubt it will happen as there are issues with transferring you HD to a new system, along with the fact they'll just send me a blank console (no face plate or anything). I certainly wouldn't mind just the bare bones elite but it would look pretty goofy with a white faceplate.

• 2 weeks later...
**Update**

Got it back today! WooTTTTTT

Its a refurb (different S/N but they tell you that in a letter)

It runs perfectly...almost quieter than before be who knows...it's been over a month.

It also allows me to connect to COD3 ranked matches which my old box had so many problems with...I'm happy

and it came with a faceplate on it...so now I have 2...custom time! it also comes with a month of live...i guess to make up for the month i just missed...so if anyone wants it...

you obviously didn't close your eyes and wish hard enough for that "elite replacement".

nah, any of them purchased in the last 6-8 months should be good to go, MS has apparently ironed out bunches of the initial problems, and from what I've heard from other folks have done the warranty repairs pretty painlessly.

As always though boys and girls (as I learned the hard way - I'm on my 3rd PS2), BUY THE REPLACEMENT PLAN WITH YOUR SYSTEM!

Then you can get a new replacement from the store even if your box has a quantity of "fail" in it.