*Updated*Deadbox

anonymo

**Update**

Got it back today! WooTTTTTT

Its a refurb (different S/N but they tell you that in a letter)

It runs perfectly...almost quieter than before be who knows...it's been over a month.

It also allows me to connect to COD3 ranked matches which my old box had so many problems with...I'm happy

and it came with a faceplate on it...so now I have 2...custom time! it also comes with a month of live...i guess to make up for the month i just missed...so if anyone wants it...

So my 360 went kaput this week :(

3 red rings...checked the error codes and turns out I got the worst one (0102) which means the 360 has no clue what's wrong with it, most likely a short/cold solder...

I'm going out to buy a PS2 and FFX /X-2/XII...figure it's about time...good enough excuse...

3 red rings...checked the error codes and turns out I got the worst one (0102) which means the 360 has no clue what's wrong with it, most likely a short/cold solder...

I'm going out to buy a PS2 and FFX /X-2/XII...figure it's about time...good enough excuse...

Awww man that sucks. 3 Red Rings of Doom is what they're called :(

so are you not going to be replacing your 360??

I am on my 3rd PS2, first one died after a year (which I replaced out of pocket cause of no service plan), then second one died (I did get the service plan this time) and got replaced with the "gen 2" version. The smaller gen 2's are more reliable than the older ones, but I replaced the one out of pocket because I didn't want my investment in all those games I had to be worth nothing <_<

Edited by boilersax

Hey anon, get in touch with me. I'll help you find a good ps2

? they're $130 (CAD) brand new

I got FFX, God of War, Resident Evil 4 and Dragon Quest VIII. To say the least I was/am completely overloaded on RPGs.

I'm not giving up on my 360 at all...just figured its as good a time as any to play the games I missed while boycotting Sony for the last...8? years. Plus every PS2 sold now is like a kick to the shins of the PS3.

I did have some problems finding a PS2...they're sold out just about everywhere I looked. At Best Buy the guy said why not just get a PS3 (as they had no PS2s in the system but over 20 PS3s at that location alone). I gave him the strangest "You're a complete tool" look that I could before leaving.

I'm just hoping I can get my 360 back in time for Crackdown <_<

(oh and after playing ps2 games all weekend I think my eyesight has taken a significant hit)

cracks me up that PS2's are killing the PS3's in sales like this. I have to admit that once I got my third (3rd !) PS2, the new design is pretty solid and I'm not worried about it crapping out on me over the long run. So I will still be able to fire it up in 5 years and enjoy some good old fashioned GTA or MGS fun!

invisiblebiketw9.jpg

thats one of my favorites! LOL

Edited by boilersax

invisiblebiketw9.jpg

thats one of my favorites! LOL

Haha...mine too...had that as my desktop background at work...only myself and another guy got it, everyone else was perplexed...much funnier that way!

Yeah my best friend, whom I converted from PS to Xbox a couple of years ago, had gone through a staggering 6 PS2s over the years...of course he's the guy who's 360 crapped out on him on November 23rd 2005 (bad luck I guess)

Of course now that I'm on the phone with MS my 360 decides to boot up properly...but had just given me the 3 lights...man...I'd rather keep it if it continues to work but definitely would rather a fixed Xbox...such a hard decision...man the irony is killing me!!!

:o

My call was just dropped while waiting for shipping instructions :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

This is ridiculous!

Oh man...every single person I've talked to has been French Canadian...this is a nightmare!!!!

Final Edit...so...they don't send you the box anymore. I have to buy a shipping container and pay for shipping myself...to texas...wonderful...

Of course now that I'm on the phone with MS my 360 decides to boot up properly...but had just given me the 3 lights...man...I'd rather keep it if it continues to work but definitely would rather a fixed Xbox...such a hard decision...man the irony is killing me!!!

:o

My call was just dropped while waiting for shipping instructions :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

This is ridiculous!

Oh man...every single person I've talked to has been French Canadian...this is a nightmare!!!!

Final Edit...so...they don't send you the box anymore. I have to buy a shipping container and pay for shipping myself...to texas...wonderful...

No more Coffin? Wierd.

Yeah so after hanging up with MS I played Farcry (which I bought the day my 360 bit the dust...uh...temporarily) for a couple hours then watched Talladega Nights...even turned it off in between.

So my new dilemma is do I send it in for repairs on the off chance that it will get worse or do I forget about it and chalk it up as a rare occurrence? I have 30 days until my repair ticket expires and I have to pay/insure for all the shipping from here to Texas. I'm going to wait until the weekend to see if it has any further problems.

when I bought my 360 in november, i bought the extended warranty from bestbuy. I learned my lesson after my PS2 follies. If anything goes wrong, no questions asked replacement right then and there in the store. I have no clue what MS's policy is regarding warranty (a year I think?), but I liked the comfort of knowing I had two full years :D

when I bought my 360 in november, i bought the extended warranty from bestbuy. I learned my lesson after my PS2 follies. If anything goes wrong, no questions asked replacement right then and there in the store. I have no clue what MS's policy is regarding warranty (a year I think?), but I liked the comfort of knowing I had two full years :D

yeah i got a replacement plan with bestbuy also... i think you can renew them.

Maybe Best Buy does things differently down there but in Canada regardless of the warranty if any piece of equipment is still under its manufacturer's warranty the store warranty is null. Basically there's no point in Best Buy's warranty in my opinion, huge waste of money (unless there's no manufacturer's warranty). My friend actually got a $100 gift certificate from BB because he had a one year warranty from them and when MS instigated their 1yr he went to Best Buy and demanded a refund (which they don't do on warranties)...some strong words and letters from lawyers later, they realized that they were selling warranties that they would end up having to refuse...which had some legal ramifications.

you mean I could RENEW my bestbuy replacement plan on the same system in two years so I could have a total of four years of coverage +????

that would be sweet, never have to worry about shelling out $$$ for another 360 for several more years....

you mean I could RENEW my bestbuy replacement plan on the same system in two years so I could have a total of four years of coverage +????

that would be sweet, never have to worry about shelling out $$$ for another 360 for several more years....

I renewed a service plan before... i dunno about replacement *checks* newp only service plans can be extended T_T

just hope it goes out and then you can buy a new replacement plan lol