R/C Hobbyists

Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass

I've been a long time fan of R/C cars, truck, planes, boats, helicopters, and anything else R/C. I was wondering if anyone out there in GC land know of a good club in the Northeast Ohio / Eastern PA area. I'm looking at getting a little deeper into racing and playing around.

I just got one of these a few months ago and love it dearly :D

Basically I'm looking for a place to go and mess around. Dirt tracks, ovals, and air fields locations would be helpful too. :)

Thanks for you info guys. :D

P.S. Just a thought but maybe if there are enough people out there that do this in the GC community we could start our own R/C Club spin off! Woohoo!

Edited by Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass

I used to RC big time, i think i have well over a $1000 bucks worth the stuff sitting in my rents basement. All I raced were team associated rc10's. But i pretty much got what i needed for an awesome price. A good friend of the family was sponsored by about a dozen RC brands and would fly all over the world the championships, he wrote articles. MAN he was good. I really want to dig it out and start playing. At one time i was side by side with a car going over 45 mph. The batteries only last a few minutes though.

I used to have the original grasshopper. Lol thats how old I am. Sgt ill buy it if you put it together for me lol.

It comes pre-assembled (I would rather put it together though). All you have to do is gas it up and break it in, and you're set! :boing:

Btw its loads of fun driving that thing...nothing stops it! :smillie_smilling:

There are one's for just about every price range. The one I linked to I payed $550 including tax. That includes the radio, gas, and some miscelatious items (like batteries and fill tubes). My hobby store has some small gas powered buggies (1/15 th scale maybe) that go for about $120. Most (if not all) come preassembled ( :( ). To get going from scratch you would need verious sizes of allen wrenches, a decent size tool box, gas, filter oil, body clips, extra steerring parts ( I recommend getting this becase I break these components the most :)), and air filter oil.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass