Marathon Gamer Dies

Bush

I've seen these Junkies first hand.

When I first moved to China a year ago I would go to internet bars to check email and play a little CS 1.6 (they didn't have source at the one I went to) before I got internet connection at my apartment. I would alway's see some of the same face's everytime I would go.

Last week I spent the Chinese Spring Festival in Northeast China visiting my fiance's family. They live in a small farming village with a population of approx 3000 people. The town has two internet bars. I would go to the internet bar with my fiance's brothers and play a little CS 1.5(they didn't have 1.6) surf the net ect on a daily basis. Everytime I would go which would be anytime of the day or night I would see the same people playing either WOW or Tears of God (Korean MMPORG).

It's no joke these people are crazy when it comes to there video games, especially if they have paid time off from work. I was talking to one of the Chinese managers at work and he said he spent a lot of time at the internet bar over spring festival.

The 150-kg (330-lb) man from Jinzhou, in Liaoning province, collapsed on Saturday, the last day of the holiday, after spending "almost all" of the seven-day break playing online games

Ive heard of these people. They'll go days without sleep just to play games online. It's kind of sad that they don't have anything more important to do in life.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests

This reminds me, what happened to that Zan guy? Ya know, the guy that went on a 24 hour marathon on Recru and got a free reserve slot? Seems like he disappeared immediately after that binge :(

When I first got ElderScrolls 3 Morrowind during my reading week 3 years ago (i think) I spend 5 days straight on my couch...basically getting up to relieve myself and get the pizza at the door. Good times...probably not very healthy and for some people would be life threatening...I think it has a lot to do with the lack of information provided to people with specific health problems...I can only assume that this guy at over 300lbs probably didn't have the strongest heart...