Morning Recrudence Crew

ich bin ein berliner

Whats up?

I'm an early morning advocate of getting Recrudence started but I have a few opinions I would like to voice. Getting the server filled is a pain. The server rotation does not keep people in it. 4 bots and 2 people playing lost temple or piranesi isn't fun. (At least upload temple pro to the server)

Suggestions:

1.) give us the option to start a map vote for some popular maps (office, d2, ect)

or

2.) at least change the rotation for the morning hours from like 10am - 1pm.

3.) make bots dissapear when its 2v2

I'm always playing with ash or daedo (along with others) and it never fills or it takes forever. Anyone else with suggestions, throw them out there. I'm just tryin to make early day playing on Recrudence easier to populate.

Got MSN? I was (still am) bored out of my tree at work...if I thought people were playing I would have jumped right in.

djphat45@hotmail.com

I refuse to use AOL and will laugh if you mention it. (this is how it should be on the internet...I'll never understand you AOL users)

I changed the config to run map voting from server restart (7am c) to 2pm c. This will bridge the overnight cycle (2am-11am c) and the afternoon cylce (11am-4pm c) and should let players pick and choose whether they want to play power maps for traffic or change things up with the other maps on there (Piranesi, Fire, Russka, Lost Temple).

de_losttemple_pro is on the server, and I'd love to be able to get it into the rotation. People liked it a lot when it got introduced on Saturday Night Customs, but when it went into the rotation it was an absolute killer. Roughly three-fourths of the server quit every time it came up. This is really unfortunate, since IMO it is strictly better than de_losttemple, and it supposedly corrects the echo effect that so many people complain about. It's loaded and all set for use, so you can ask an admin to pull it out at their discretion as a substitute for de_losttemple, but remember that it will probably be much worse for attracting traffic even when it doesn't drive anyone away.

I'm leaving on 6 bots for now, for 2 reasons, either or both of which could be completely wrong.

(1) I think 6/23 is more attractive to people looking for a server.

(2) 2 vs 3 is not a very fair game, and tends to demoralize people. 3 vs 4 does not seem to be as much of a problem. If the fifth player keeps quitting out, it's a lot harder to grow the server into a decent game.

Any and all suggestions on how the server could be set up better are appreciated. Late morning/early afternoon is an important time for the health of a server in general, as it can mean the difference between being half full at 4pm and being dead empty at 7pm. More importantly, there's rarely an admin on before the early evening, so the server config really has to be right.