Rock Climbing

Windex

i assume your saying that you have been climbing recently. the only rock climbing i know of around me in buffalo is just indoors. i've been twice, last year. my buddy wanted to show me what it consisted of and I thought that I'd catch on in a half hour or so. getting there, looking at the walls, looking at the problems and my buddy telling me that 'these people here are experienced' and they were still having alot of problems. the easiest problem my buddy showed me took me about a dozen times to solve over the course of 40 mins. by then, my forearms were shot. i spent the rest of the time we were there on the kiddy wall, with the big grips to tone myself.

if your getting hardcore into rock climbing, thats cool. i think it would be fun if i went consistantly for about 2 weeks to turn my forearms into eggplants. I don't know much about climbing besides, you need shoes, chalk and follow the same colors. good luck, your a better man than I.

Climbing is awesome.

I've been going to an indoor gym on and off for the last year or so.

Climbing is awesome.

I've been going to an indoor gym on and off for the last year or so.

I rock climb whenever I get the chance, usually at the Cleveland Rock Gym. I actually have a question bout it though: Does anyone know of any good exercises that strengthen forearms? Mine are always really tired after maybe three climbs or so, and then they need like 10 mins to feel close to normal again before I can climb.

I don't know of anything in specific you can do to strengthen your arms other than climb more.

As for resting after 3 climbs for 10 minutes and being good to go again, that sounds pretty normal to me.

If I'm working on a really challenging problem, I tend to rest after every 1 or 2 tries, depending on how far along I get. Rest, Ascend. No reason to push yourself, take your time.

• 3 months later...

while seated roll a bar up into your hands. can also do this standing with arms behind back. or if your really looking to burn your forearms tie an amount of wieght to a stick on a string then hold the stick parrallel to the ground and turn the stick so that you wrap the string around the stick.