If the Van's a Rockin'

soul .gc

(edited)

I saw Preacher tossed his wife's car on here so I figured I would throw our travel van out as well.

1992 Chevy Custom Van

350ci w/ Automatic Tranny

75k original miles

All Leather!!!

Power Windows

4 Captain's chairs that feel like La-Z-Boys

Rear bench sear powers down into a queen size sleeper bed

TV/VCR

Tinted Windows

Brnad new exhaust

This is a beautiful van. There are two small problems:

Needs a new radio - the stock radio just up and quit a couple months back

Small (about the size of a dollar coin) rust spot on the side door.

Other then that this is a great van. We bought it for Florida trips and took it down twice then decided we prefer flying.

This is outside of Lansing, Michigan.

The low, low, GC-special price of $2500/BO. (currently listed locally at $2700)

I would consider partial trades if they were newer Apple computers - one of the Intel variety - time to leave windows behind and go with OS X.

**Edited for Pics

vandriver-1.JPG

vandriver-2.JPG

vanpassenger-1.JPG

vanpassenger-2.JPG

van%20rust.JPG

vaninside-1.JPG

vaninside-2.JPG

vaninside-3.JPG

vanmiles.JPG

Edited by soul .gc

No mechanical issues. My uncle has a car lot in Ohio and he took it in on trade from the original owner about 4 years ago. We bought it with around 60k miles and put 15 on it the last 4 years.

The air blows cold, the heat is hot. No knock or issues. The only problem I had was the exhaust rusted out and I replaced it from the converter on back.

The one thing I forgot above - it does need a new windshield seal. The GM vans have seals that dry out and this one has done that and in a heavy downpour it leaks a tiny, tiny bit (like 1-2 drops) down the inside of the windshield.

From what I could find this blue books at $6000 or thereabouts - but no one wants a big van anymore so the actual market price runs around 3200-4500 here - I dropped the price because we want to get a VW convertible for the wife but do not want 4 cars - so one has to go....that and we never drive the thing anymore.

I knew someone would bring it up eventually....

On the highway to Florida we averaged 15-16mpg - In town it is a bit lower, around 12mpg.

The 15-16 was at 84mph also, so you may get 1-2 more if you did slower speeds but I would rather get there faster....wherever "there" happens to be.