MOBO/Processor

[LaW]Maverick

I have an ASUS P5WD2 Premium MOBO I'd like to sell

-and-

3.6 ghz P4 Prescott processor

Anyone interested? The ASUS P5WD2 Premium is supposed to be the oldest chip-set that will support Core 2 Duo, and has a PCI-E x16 slot for all those high-end, fun-time, mega graphics cards. Also, it has native support for up to 4 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM. I know the p4 will go up to 3.79 ghz OC'ed with no trouble, and with some better cooling, I could push it up over 4...so it's no slouch really.

If anyone is interested, let me know...I will be looking up prices online tonight to see what things are going for, but feel free to make an offer

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

Well, I've seen the board priced up to $260 and I've seen open-box deals at $160 (those are the high and low extremes)

So, I'm thinking $115 for the board

The processor seems to still go for nearly $200 at it's cheapest (it's rare apparently), but I'm thinking more along the lines of $95

The stuff has been used for less than 2 years (I'm fairly sure, and if it's been longer, it hasn't been much), and is all in good shape.

Processor price example

NewEgg Open Box price on MOBO

Sorry for not getting the prices up earlier...I had to do a little research to make sure I was charging fair price! :-)

So if you want both, that's $210 bucks....or you can buy one or the other

Ebay is prolly the way to go here man. Everyone is moving to the C2D or at the very least the AM2 series CPUs. You may even want to pop it in a cheap case, throw in some RAM an old video card and a hard drive pop an OS on it and sell it as a complete PC.