Your UT controls...

Thanks for the praise Tek. Some nights your hand eye coordination is working others it is not. I definitely had it working and it helps when others are distracting you. Whenever I am lucky or skilled enough to kill one of you guys, you hunt me down and kill me very methodically.

Dark-I have button to change position of view "in vehicle" or "outside vehicle". I also have button to change fov from 97 to 90. I am a sniper at heart. FOV 90 I use when I am in a sniper dual with others. Gives me a slightly larger target to hit. I very rarely use it due to being a fairly decent sniper. I do like the simulated FOV change switching views in vehicles. In tank you may be lower to ground but targets size much larger.

PS. What are your settings for overclocking, and did you increase your fan speed to compensate for heat with cpu cooler provided with cpu.

I think my sound problems where due to Microsoft pre-update running in background. No sound very aggravating.

I tried plugging mic in motherboard mic jack in front of case and did not work. Think soundcard overriding that port need to use "mic in" found on sound card port.

I'm running @ 3.1ghz... I'm not sure about settings specifically, but it'll depend on what type of motherboard you have. My evga is running at 340x9 or something like that, with the cpu unsynced with the ram. Ram is at regular 800mhz. I didnt have to increase voltages at all to go from 2.4 to 3.1, and I've always got my cpu fan (Thermaltake Big Typhoon) on max (you should always disable coolnquiet when you OC). I ran the log on my system, and my gpu never broke... 65 i think it was, and cpu never broke 46 (averaged 44) after playing UT for over 2 hours straight.

Try reinstalling your soundcard drivers? Is your mic input on from plugged into your soundcard? Cause it wont work if the wire isnt attached to anything... :P:D :D

I have the crosshair pack and I find it really helps. there are probably another 30 different crosshairs to choose from. Not sure where the link went to, maybe Flitter can dig it up. I can e-mail the zip to you if you want just to try them out.

Whenever I am lucky or skilled enough to kill one of you guys, you hunt me down and kill me very methodically.

You shouldn't have to worry about that If I'm playing, cause they all come after me instead :biglaugha:

Tek, it was sad last night cause you werent on vent :(

You guys really find 100 squinty??? How do you not get run over from the side with it less than 100 then?

I backed mine down to 95 some time ago and thought about going a little lower. Sound plays a bigger part in my "peripheral vision". Usually when I get run over its directly from behind or strait at my face. Just think how accurate you could be if it was set to bout 80 lol.

Tek, it was sad last night cause you werent on vent :(

You guys really find 100 squinty??? How do you not get run over from the side with it less than 100 then?

I backed mine down to 95 some time ago and thought about going a little lower. Sound plays a bigger part in my "peripheral vision". Usually when I get run over its directly from behind or strait at my face. Just think how accurate you could be if it was set to bout 80 lol.

Well, i fell in the deep end by joining GC, may as well swim downward by lowering my fov! fov ftw!

Well, if you start at 1280x1024 (19" monitor) and 90 fov but have a 24" LCD running at 1900x1200 *and* you have UT running at that native resolution, then with my widescreen, but still at 90 fov, I get an extra 620 pixels horizontally and 176 vertically.

Meaning, if you are running at 90 fov and 1280x1024, I am seeing an extra 310 pixels to the left AND right of what you see (divide your screen into 4 equal vertical parts than add one of those strips to both sides of your monitor - that would be about right) and I also get a little bit above and below (88 pixels each way)

So as to what that would mean as far as effective fov, hmm... not sure. Someone else can do those maths. Mind you, if I flipped to 120 fov, that would be a scary amount of stuff on the screen at one time.

An easy way to do this would be to hop in Temerity and on Vent and have a couple of people stand in front and to either side of a stationary person and have them slowly work their way to opposite sides of the stationary player's point of view until he couldn't see them any more. Be an easy way to compare the widescreen vs. std display and different fov settings.

------------------------

Kaus Crosshairs - what all the cool people use

KAusV8.zip

------------------------

-Fk