Is this suicide?

Very often the other team will beat up vehicles and, particularly while pubbing, other players will stay away from these smoking vehicles as they are unwilling to heal or use them effectively taking that vehicle out of the game. Whenever I see a tank like that I jump in and find a close wall or tree and fire point blank which of course takes out the tank. I figure I'll immediately respawn and the tank will be back whole in 16 seconds versus sitting there unused.

Does this count as a suicide? I suspect the answer is yes. I didn't even know how to set up a suicide key until I started into TWL with you guys but I notice my stats show a high percentage of suicides.

Also, does playing like this make sense? It must hurt my stats but I've always been more interested in winning games than personal stats.

Thanks!

It's a noble thing to do for your team but bad for stats I guess.. Personally I don't think about stats at all when I'm playing and I kill myself all the time when I feel it's beneficial. Only thing I don't like about blowing up the tank is you could fully heal it in the same amount of time

It's a noble thing to do for your team but bad for stats I guess.. Personally I don't think about stats at all when I'm playing and I kill myself all the time when I feel it's beneficial. Only thing I don't like about blowing up the tank is you could fully heal it in the same amount of time

Yes, but then you are out of the game during that time which is part of why you beat up unoccupied vehicles to start with.

I do the same thing Cannon. Say if it's a tank on Dawn I'll drive it to the top of the hill of the middle node and just get out, it wont last long and a fresh one will appear before I die. Yes, otherwise it could sit there smoking forever at the side node if the server isn't heavily populated. If it's a bender I'll drive it into fire and hope it get out before she blows. Manta or raptor I'll heal about 3/4 of the way.

I do the same thing Cannon. Say if it's a tank on Dawn I'll drive it to the top of the hill of the middle node and just get out, it wont last long and a fresh one will appear before I die. Yes, otherwise it could sit there smoking forever at the side node if the server isn't heavily populated. If it's a bender I'll drive it into fire and hope it get out before she blows. Manta or raptor I'll heal about 3/4 of the way.

Yes, I do heal Mantas and Raptors slightly more than half. That way the Raptor can take one Avril hit and the Manta won't blow up the first time you scrape something. Tanks just take too long to heal especially by yourself and you don't have enough plasma anyway.

Thanks Bush. I was thinking maybe what I was doing didn't make sense.

(edited)

I just grab whatever it is thats burning and drive it straight into the opposing team. :biglaugha: :biglaugha: I can a get a kill or two depending on the vehicle and then it respawns anew

And ALWAYS take it and do that if its on a vehicle steal.

Edited by Primus

I just grab whatever it is thats burning and drive it straight into the opposing team. :biglaugha: :biglaugha: I can a get a kill or two depending on the vehicle and then it respawns anew

And ALWAYS take it and do that if its on a vehicle steal.

I tend to die doing that Primus. Like Bushwacks point of driving tank into rain of enemy fire. Provided enemy is close enough. I do think cannonfodder idea is better fall back. Time to heal tank takes you that long out of game. Destroy it by firing into wall etc and have if and you respawn. Kills your stats but makes you more available to fight without wasting time fixing tank.

See, sometimes it is better to not suicide, even in a match. If I can keep 2-3 or even more guys on me trying to kill me, I really think I'm doing my job. So not in all cases is it good to suicide to get back into the fight. Same thing with vehicles. If you have to drive the tank for 5 seconds to get into position to be able to spawnkill or do something like that, then go for it and let them kill the tank for you. If you're in the middle of the ice in dria, dont waste your time.