Delayed starts...

RUFF!!! Long time man!

Main causes:

1) Background programs? Make sure you close down all your background programs you may have running.

2) If you haven't changed your configs in a long time and things have just started slowing down then possible culprit is the cache. Easiest way to fix is to download UT Cache Extractor from here (halfway down). Then unzip that and just run the .exe file (make sure UT2004 isn't running). It will look for your UT2004 folder. Then on the Cache Tab just click the Validate button. That will remove all the bad entries in your cache. Close out the program and run UT2004. See if that helps.

Another helpful thing you can do with the cache extractor is move maps from your cache to your Map folder so you don't have to keep downloading them all the time. On the cache tab, select your favorite map in the list and click Extract. It will move the necessary files so you never have to download DM-CustomLeetSnipeIntstaNoNubs-LE-ver3.7 ever again. :)

(edited)

Connection is part of the problem. I have 3 computers with the same internet connection and play with my kids and we all have different load times. One is usually faster and the slow one is always the slowest. If it's not your connection speed it has to do with what HWarrior mentioned above. I'll go try that later.

Edited by S*H*O+O*T

Whaaaaazup H! :peace:

I am back in the hunt, thanx for da info.

I ran the cache ext. but it comes back "no cache found".

Weird. Maybe try moving the unzipped folder to the same drive as where your UT2004 is installed.

Ruff,

Disable "preload all player skins" in-game to improve your load time

it basically loads the player models into memory to avoid in-game hangups when you have to render a new model... but for slower systems disabling it is more beneficial for loading up the map faster