accidental ban?

ZeroDamage

Stop using an alias you dork and dorks!!!!! Alias for what??? All you alias people .....why. Whats wrong with using ur normal tag and just keeping it. Especially when your on GC Servers.

I don't understand why people change their name all the time. Is it the cool thing to do.

No offense ZD,but i've always wanted to say that to alias users. SO HAH!

L 06/23/2007 - 17:13:03: "H0t-4-R4nd0m<470><STEAM_0:0:37927><CT>" say "D0WNZ?"

L 06/23/2007 - 17:13:18: CONSOLE :  Banned (By Admin) [H0t-4-R4nd0m] [STEAM_0:0:37927] banid 0 470 kick

Come on ZD, help yourself out a little.

(edited)
L 06/23/2007 - 17:13:03: "H0t-4-R4nd0m<470><STEAM_0:0:37927><CT>" say "D0WNZ?"

L 06/23/2007 - 17:13:18: CONSOLE :  Banned (By Admin) [H0t-4-R4nd0m] [STEAM_0:0:37927] banid 0 470 kick

Come on ZD, help yourself out a little.

Wait? So that is a bannable offense? Should I not say anything ever? I do not even know what to say to this ridiculous reason for being banned.

I knew were looking for an excuse to get me banned but for this? Please unban me. This is a little over the top.

Edited by ZeroDamage

I knew were looking for an excuse to get me banned but for this? Please unban me. This is a little over the top.
dude, stop pushing the envelope with our rules on a cs:s server. if you want to exercise a right, or make a point, do it in something with a little more purpose

1. have fun in our servers. that's why they're here, and that's why we're there.

2. show respect to others. this is required for #1 to work.

if you can't do either, it's time for us to say goodbye (again....4x).

dude, stop pushing the envelope with our rules on a cs:s server. if you want to exercise a right, or make a point, do it in something with a little more purpose <insert political/social cause here>

1. have fun in our servers. that's why they're here, and that's why we're there.

2. show respect to others. this is required for #1 to work.

if you can't do either, it's time for us to say goodbye (again....4x).

Check your aim because I already told you that I am not pushing the envelope. I was having fun before I got banned for this absurd reason.

you having fun doesn't constitute an application of #2, which is required for #1 to work. i didn't ban you, but i'm heavily considering my vote for "throw zd's steam account off the end of a dock with a brick attached to it." we've been down this road too many times.

Let's suppose I banned a guy for calling his team a bunch of rags repeatedly. If he came back nine (9) days later and put "fgt" into MM1 he'd be gone. This is not a deep allegory.

I fail to see the absurdity here.

you having fun doesn't constitute an application of #2, which is required for #1 to work. i didn't ban you, but i'm heavily considering my vote for "throw zd's steam account off the end of a dock with a brick attached to it." we've been down this road too many times.

I was throwing off a joke to someone who knows I was referring to him. My team won that round or was winning when I got banned. I guess the witch hunt is over. You all found what you wanted; the most ridiculous reason in the world to ban me and by god, you are all sticking to it.

Let's suppose I banned a guy for calling his team a bunch of rags repeatedly. If he came back nine (9) days later and put "fgt" into MM1 he'd be gone. This is not a deep allegory.

I fail to see the absurdity here.

Yeah, because we all know "fgt" is the same thing as "downz." Like I said, you wanted an excuse to ban me and you found one.

So it is obvious that I am not going to get unbanned. I am not going to continue to argue over the absurd. Hopefully someone of authority will see this for what it is: a fishing expedition. Being banned for saying "D0wnZ" to someone I said was "dumb" on teamspeak has to be one of the most ridiculous reasons I have ever seen anyone banned.

I am sorry I said downz, please unban.

I was throwing off a joke to someone who knows I was referring to him. My team won that round or was winning when I got banned. I guess the witch hunt is over. You all found what you wanted; the most ridiculous reason in the world to ban me and by god, you are all sticking to it.
mookie and i are pretty good friends. we're casual. he knows i'm joking when i call him my b _ _ _ _ _, so i throw it around in mm1. some kid named poke joins the server, ace's the round, and proclaims "what's up now, my b _ _ _ _ _ _ _?"

see why we're not moving our ground?

dude come on. the witch hunt? you were in here what like a week ago for this same topic, and off you go again. you're not learning. final remarks, then you're going out for a little fishing trip with mooks, me, and the other LA's a la "the godfather."

(edited)
mookie and i are pretty good friends. we're casual. he knows i'm joking when i call him my b _ _ _ _ _, so i throw it around in mm1. some kid named poke joins the server, ace's the round, and proclaims "what's up now, my b _ _ _ _ _ _ _?"

see why we're not moving our ground?

dude come on. the witch hunt? you were in here what like a week ago for this same topic, and off you go again. you're not learning. final remarks, then you're going out for a little fishing trip with mooks, me, and the other LA's a la "the godfather."

So you are saying that you can call someone a "witch" in the server, in game and that is ok. But joking to Tookey and Norgman that they have D0wnz while we are on teamspeak is a bad bad bad bannable offense?

So was this ok too?

dedust20001ja8.jpg

How about when an admin used console to hide his identity when he thought someone else was stupid?

dedamfacilityfixed0001fx0.jpg

I guess an admin/gc member calling others a dum-dum was ok though.

csitaly0006se5.jpg

I have more and this is just from the past few weeks since I got my new system built. Nevermind what I had before I reformatted. Didn't think I would ever need to keep them though.

Anyway, I guess I will stay banned while things that actually break the rules continue.

So unless you all have a reason to ban me from the forums, I will continue to stick around and help out in the hardware forums though. I do not hold a grudge.

Edited by ZeroDamage

lmao.....citizen's arrests....

I have one thing to say about this....SJ and Mookie have more than enough authority alone to handle this in any way they sit fit, even without consulting another soul. Mookie is a very proven lead admin and SJ is a board member, what type of authority were you looking for?

So you are saying that you can call someone a "witch" in the server, in game and that is ok.
i think you missed the point. you may know it's a joke, therefore thinking it's ok. i may know it's a joke, therefore thinking it's ok. the new faces in the server likely don't know it's a joke, but think it's ok. so, under your logic, it'd be ok to swear, jokingly, because the recipient knows you're joking. see how this doesn't fly?

thanks for the screens.

1. wow, you really do think you're being martyred.

2. my screen must have either been after tookey was chasing me with an awp, or drinks, or both.

3. now that i'm being called on it, i won't do it again. this is where you and i differ.

4. i'll PM desh and remind him of our respect policy. let me know if he does it again.

forum access will remain; everyone knows you help out in the hardware forums. you're going to have to find a new place to play cs:s, though. you've had your chance, thread's locked, unless other mods have more to add.