need website guru

akaM2

need someone good with sql and websites to move my current site www.extempore.org to a new host. It has 2 sql databases, 1 with forums and 1 with the CMS. I will pay if needed.

If you've got phpMyAdmin on those databases it should be pretty simple to move them, then it's just down to changing the hostnames and login info if necessary. What's a CM?

phpMyAdmin is available on both hosts and databases (i believe the forums have one built into them) The CM is custom and the place that made the CMS is out of business and not responding to my emails :(

Maybe I will get a new site designed

I'd say try they straight copy/paste first and see what comes of it. If you can get the same DNS name for the new database as for the old database and for any other sub-domains you had it can probably work with no change at all. If necessary you can poison your DNS to test it out without effecting the current site. AIM me if you want me to take a look on the FTP and see if I can figure it out, but I'm leaving for the night at 6:15.

As I told M2 in AIM, I think the problem with moving the CMS will be the hosting directory structure. It may be only a .cfg file or it may be a .cfg file and some mysql settings. Either way, moving the CMS may be a pain or it could be very easy.