Alienware Laptop for sale?

[LaW]Maverick

Ok, so I'm considering selling her laptop. It's a more or less maxed out Alienware m7700i. You can look up the benchmarks online, but it plays CS:S with everything cranked as long as you're not tryin' for HDR, and I've also played some Lord of the Rings Online on it with no trouble at all. I will post up the specifications if anyone is remotely interested in buying this, and I also have yet to figure out a fair price-point. This thing is 'bout 1 year and 3 months old...somewhere there about, and has been lightly used (Amanda doesn't play games on it, though I did play some CS:S from time to time) and it rarely ever left her desk.

Why am I selling it? Simple, my wife is 4'11" and very petite. The laptop is huge (17" screen with desktop processor inside) and weighs quite a bit. Hell, the thing has 4 speakers and sounds sweet (for a laptop), but all that cool gadgetry is heavy. That's why the thing never left her desk, because she thought it was too heavy to carry around. So, if I can sell it, I will buy her a new light-weight laptop.

So please, let me know if you're interested!

(edited)

Yup, I was looking for the paper...lol....

Area-51M 7700 6.1 17" XGA (1440x900) laptop

P4 3.0 ghz 630 TRAY 2MB 800FSB LGA775 Processor (Yes, that's right an LGA775 DESKTOP processor)

512 X 2 for 1 gig of Samsung DDR2 PC4200 SODIMM Memory (I might be upping this to 2 gigs before sale...dunno yet)

nVIDIA Ultra 6800FXGO with 256MB DDR3 Memory

Seagate 100GB HDD's (2 of of 'em in Raid 0)

24x DVD CD-RW Combo drive from Panasonic

Intel Mobile Integrated HD Audio

XP Pro

USB Floppy Drive

External Audio controls (it plays music even while closed)

It has 4 speakers and a mini subwoofer which actually sounds impressive for a laptop, and was shipped 4/03/06, so it's not that old. I have all the original documentation and what not as well as OEM software.

Ummm...I think that 'bout covers everything. Interesting notes: You can upgrade the GPU to the 7950 GTX GO, which is bloody good, without changing out the MOBO. If you wanna get REALLY techy, you can (apparently) swap the motherboards out for a compatible one made by the same company and upgrade to core2duo. That is uncomfirmed though, I was just reading 'bout it. Apparently the d900t motherboard that's in this thing is well known for versatility in upgrades. If you're interested, I would consider throwing my old 3.6 ghz LGA775 P4 processor in as a free upgrade--but that depends on my upgrade status for my PC :peace:

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

Ok, so I put the thing on eBay, and some loser with a bogus account tried to scam me with the winning bid. eBay then canceled the auction altogether to avoid any chance of fraud.

In other words, I've gotta put the laptop BACK up for sale, which I'm going to do shortly. It now has a 7800 GTX in it and I actually saw a significant performance increase gaming. Soo, anyway, noe more time, if anyone is interested, please let me know.

I'll put it back up on eBay soon. Curse idiotic people that try to rob other people.