Possible job opening

Leveller

Ok, for those who don't know I'm responsible for all the hiring part of my company does in North America and I just had one of our practice directors come into my office with a potentially great opportunity for one (or two) of you lucky folks.......

Conversation goes as follows:

"Ron (Me), can you put some feelers out looking for Linux folks?"

"Just Linux? No SAP experience, no basis, nothing else?"

"Nope, I'm just looking for folks with between 1 and 3 years knowledge of Linux, even if they've just been running it at home. Should be a great opportunity for someone who's just graduated high school, left college whatever. Plenty of career opportunity to build a career within SAP and security, we'll obviously make sure they get the training they need etc."

A couple of other pieces of information:

We have the scope to bring someone on board at either the "very junior" level or a couple of years in experience wise, so it's not necessarily a purely entry level position although within SAP it could be seen as such.

This group is based in Dallas, great bunch of guys about 20 strong, several new/less experienced (within SAP) joiners over the last couple of years as we're growing.

If you don't know what SAP is, it's the most popular ERP software product.

A little about us, we're the 8th largest IT services company in the world, we run all IT for the Olympic games for example.

About 50,000 employees globally with the US being one of the smaller parts of our business but growing year on year.

Some of our major clients here in North America include: P&G, Shell, GM, Levi Strauss....

I know it's a bit of a vague description above but if any of you guys think you may fit, would be happy to move to Dallas, TX (to be clear, it is unlikely we would pay relocation costs for an entry level position) and are interested drop me a PM and we can talk about it in more detail.

Thanks

Lev (Ron)

Does running servers on command line freebsd for a gsp count :P

Yep, freebsd would be fine.

A few more details:

You'd be working directly with/for the practice director initially as the intention is to build a solution within SAP (working with SAP themselves) that is Linux based (we do a lot of R&D very closely with SAP themselves on new products and offerings).

Looking for a real aptitude for self learning, trying things out, experimentation, able to deal with clients/partners.

Lev