Need help selling my car...

ZesteR

^bump

just to update everyone.

I pay around 265 a month in loan payments.

So every extra month I have it, I prob. will knock it down 200 odd bucks until I get back in the sub 11K range then hold it there and see if someone else wants to grab it up like the other kid was.

GOAL: sell it b4 winter, b/c i do not want to spend extra $ on tires.

If I was in your shoes, I would keep it. Your paying 260 a month for a nice car. You can borrow 5,000 or so. Pay 150 a month and have a crappy car.Either way your making payments. If there was a way for you to get out of making payments, I would say go for that.What I have come to learn is to never go in debt for a car. I had a perfectly good truck, I wish I had it and my $16,000 back.

try craigslist.com or ebay. If the trade in value is less than you owe on it, of course...don't trade it.

Craigslist.com is free advertisement. Doesn't cost a dime to sell your car on there.

works well to... i have sold many of items on there..

people do call.. and do check it out.

NOFX is right... getting in debt for a car is noooo good.. if you have the money... you get a nice car... you don't get in debt over a item that gets you from point a to b...

unless your filthy rich and you buy Ferarris on a regular basis... then i say screw you.

if you think it's really going to be a problem then losing $1k on it is basically nothing.

My current car is worth about $10k maximum, I owe $16k on it.

I screwed up with my first 2 cars because I didn't pay them off fast enough because I had lower payments because I didn't want to work 40 hours a week while in school. So now I have a car that might be dead before I even have it paid off (I put around 25,000 miles a year on a car).

I'd say losing $1k on an Audi TT is nothing. Sell it and go find yourself a 6-cyl Toyota truck because it will last you forever.

thanks for all the input and advice.

I love the car. I am happy with it.. other than when it breaks, it's expensive. I cannot afford these fixes.

If I sell this car, I can get a cheaper one, prob. take out 5k for a decent car and pay less per month and not have a 200 a month insurance. the insurance will def. drop too.

When I drive my audi, i fully understand why I am paying 200 a month for insurance.

-windy back roads and highway on-ramps are so much fun :X

I might do the craigslist since it's free.

I have ppl looking at my car on cars.com everyday. which is good, but not b/c they do not call or reply.

Yes I've had some calls on it, but some are out of towners and want to buy it for 10K and have me ship it to them.