Can't get SLi to work :(

Clueless

Ok..I have a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI motherboard...I switched the motherboard setting to sli mode, there are no BIOS options pertaining to sli. I installed my second evga 7900 GT KO..exact models and version numbers.

The main problem is that when I go into the nVidia Control Panel...the option to enable sli multi gpu is not there. I updated the graphics and chipset drivers....no dice.

Anyone had this issue?

Ok..I have a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI motherboard...I switched the motherboard setting to sli mode, there are no BIOS options pertaining to sli. I installed my second evga 7900 GT KO..exact models and version numbers.

The main problem is that when I go into the nVidia Control Panel...the option to enable sli multi gpu is not there. I updated the graphics and chipset drivers....no dice.

Anyone had this issue?

Are both video cards showing up in your Device manager? If not what I'd do is make sure you have the install file for the drivers on your desktop. Go into your Device manager and uninstall the graphics card. If it asks you to reboot click no. Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall the drivers and reboot. This actually happened to a friend of mine when he bought another card so he could use sli. This helped him get it running.

Edited by Xoul

Thanks Xoul...just got it working, actually turned out being my power supply...I had a good Ultra Xconnect 500w....but apparently it wasnt enough, it didnt have the pci-e plugs either, had to use adapters, so I went out and picked up an 850w monster with the proper plugs and it picked it all up like it's suppposed to and worked :)

Thanks Xoul...just got it working, actually turned out being my power supply...I had a good Ultra Xconnect 500w....but apparently it wasnt enough, it didnt have the pci-e plugs either, had to use adapters, so I went out and picked up an 850w monster with the proper plugs and it picked it all up like it's suppposed to and worked :)

good and ultra doesn't go together. if it was good it would have had at least 2 pcie connectors.

please tell me you didn't buy an ultra 850w "monster".

good and ultra doesn't go together. if it was good it would have had at least 2 pcie connectors.

No, I bought an Enermax. It has 5 rails...all 24a, and it was expensive, so it better be good, lol.

No, I bought an Enermax. It has 5 rails...all 24a, and it was expensive, so it better be good, lol.

awesome. i love my 1000w enermax.