Bought Crysis Today

Tek-Almighty

I did the hacked settings and I think it ran about the same as high on a lower resolution. On DX9 "High" I played at 1680x1050 and on DX9 "Very High" I played at 1280x768 in a window. Since I was just testing it I didn't disable the Aero or anything, so I might be able to squeeze out some more FPS.

I replayed the ending part, it looks much better. Some parts even ran at higher FPS. For some reason when ever I looked in the direction of the alien ice sphere my FPS would drop into the teens, it stopped doing that now.

So far I like it. I'm not very far in though - just up to the point when your 2nd guy dies and you find him.

I'm playing in XP with everything on High and 1920x1200. Runs beautifully smooth, and will SOMETIMES dip to ~30fps in hot spots.

:erm:

wow...

You have GT right?

I could only hope for same thing, but I am not running Core 2 duo. Twill be another 1/2 year before I get proc, memory, and mobo upgrade.

Meanwhile, i will hope that my soon to be GT will redeem me some detail and fps. Cuz right now, going through certain spots, I dip to 16 fps will all settings on low (textures on med).

meh.

I'm running the 112 stream processor 640mb GTS. It's a different chip than the GT, but basically the same thing with a LITTLE more ram and a LITTLE less clock speed. - note my sig ;)

I thought all GTS (not the new upcoming on Dec 11 version) were not 112 sp?

Hmmm...or was that the GTS 320...

I forget.

You got linky to your card, or is it a Canadia Exclusive?

The GTS was originally 96sp, but the newer model they came out with has 112 (released only a couple weeks ago I think). And it's not based on the g92 architecture either, it's based on the older architecture, meaning larger dye/more power.

linky but I got it for $295 :)

You'll love your GT Tek!

Edited by DarkArchon