Anyone Here Getting the Flickering and Freezing Problem

X-Razer

I've been reading around the UT forums and many are experiencing the Flickering and Freezing problem. Any of you experiencing the same thing?

I'm able to play normally for like a match or two then I start to get the flickering mostly in the background. I play mostly Warfare maps. I just keep playing sometimes until it gets unbearable. In some cases, if they game finishes and a new map starts, it will be fine for several minutes then the flickering starts once again.

I don't get the freeze-up that some members are getting. I just get the flickering. There are lots of discussions on this issue. Anyone having problems? It's nice to play with some of you once again.

Dude! You're a playa too! :) sweet. Post up your screen name in the other thread so I can add you as a buddy.

I get freezes every once in a while for about 2 seconds. I'm not getting the flashes (are they hot? could be an aging problem ;) ) but I'm getting artifacting due to my gfx card dying on me. Try the latest drivers?

Dude! You're a playa too! :) sweet. Post up your screen name in the other thread so I can add you as a buddy.

I get freezes every once in a while for about 2 seconds. I'm not getting the flashes (are they hot? could be an aging problem ;) ) but I'm getting artifacting due to my gfx card dying on me. Try the latest drivers?

Dude, I've been playing since Beta was out and got the game when it was released. I've been playing with Wentz, Primus, Tek, MadPat, TomW, and one of your new Clan Members. I don't recall his/her name.

Yeah, dude. I get the flashes... really HOTTTT ones. :stretch: Must be menopause. LOL! J/K. I have all the new and latest updated drivers for everything. I'm still having the problems. Many players are having this same problem. The majority that I've read is nVidia card users are getting the flickering while ATI card users are getting the freezes (from the majority of what I've read in the forums).

X-Razer is still my player name.

Here's my specs:

Mainboard: Asus P5K Premium

Chipset: Intel P35

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.4

Physical Memory: OCZ 4 GB Platinum (4 x 1GB Dual-DDR2)

Video Card: EVGA 8600 GTS SC

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

Look forward to playing with you again Mr. Dark. Fun Times Fun Times

Ship me your computer, I'll fix it for you :P

I am not familiar with this issue.. sounds like drivers though! Flit posted a link to the latest nvidia drivers in another post:

version 169.09

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Don't know what version you are running but you might try those drivers.

If all else fails, go here

http://www.nativeremedies.com/mellowpause_...menopause.shtml

Ship me your computer, I'll fix it for you :P

I am not familiar with this issue.. sounds like drivers though! Flit posted a link to the latest nvidia drivers in another post:

version 169.09

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Don't know what version you are running but you might try those drivers.

If all else fails, go here

http://www.nativeremedies.com/mellowpause_...menopause.shtml

Yeah, I have all those. Many of players that have posted problems on the UT3 Forum have the latest drivers and still experiencing problems.

I have placed an order for one Mellowpause just for your Wentz.

Ship you my PC, what... maybe if I'm HIGH enuff. J/K. Dude, I love my new rig. My old P4 wasn't cuttin' it anymore. I'm using it as a multimedia machine for video and music editing projects. I don't want to really put too much apps and hardware on my new rig. Strictly for gaming.

Just ordered an Asus Silent Square EVO. I sure hope it clears my Antec Nine Hundred case. Might need to uninstall the fan on the side panel. It looks GiNormous!!! :huh:

Anyone else playing Crysis and World in Conflict? Looking for some people to play with.

Edited by X-Razer

Can only say ditto.

I had exactly what you had; put in the new drivers, went away. 8800gts 640.

Ditto again on the side panel fan (and the lower hard drive fan plastic hookup) - with the 900, why would you even need them :)

-Fk

I'll double check which version I have. I know I installed new drivers last week. Lemme check. Dude... you have an 8800 GTS 640? Me jealous. I made a mistake getting my 8600 GTS. I should have spent the extra dinero and gotten the 8800 GTS 640. I guess I was caught in the moment after looking at all the money I spent on my new rig. I was avoiding the use of my credit card. LOL. Wow Flit, you must be fraggin' like crazy. Thanx for the suggestion.

Yeah, I am looking into the Step-Up Program. I likes the 640s.

CPU Swap... hmmm... thinks... maybe if I was drunk or something... NOT!!!

Did you guys install Beta Patch 101?

Flit, I installed ForceWare Version 169.12. I started playing. It was doing well and I was getting excited no problems then all of a sudden ... FLICKERING!!!

Any input on Beta Patch 101? Do you guys have in installed? I installed it. No problems so far. I like the fact that I can Spec.

Hey X- I got my stuff all working right. I was getting BSoD's and flickering. Here's what I did:

1 - bios update, set reset config data to enabled, bios all to defaults

2 - full reboot, set RCD to disabled

3 - Using device manager, uninstall gfx card

4 - go to program files/nvidia or wherever you have the driver folder, delete it (or them, if there are multiple ones - labelled 169.09 etc)

5 - reboot into safe mode and use driver cleaner pro or something like that to remove all driver components for your vid card

6 - reboot, install drivers

7 - reboot, install ut3 with defaults, and set it up again from there

I was getting the same trouble in XP as vista, and this fixed everything for me for XP anyway. Have yet to do it in Vista, but I think it should work good after I do. I'll let you know (if Tek's hdd's ever get here... :P)

Edited by DarkArchon