Links

dragonfly

Might be a good idea to have a links thread for new info that comes out, downloads for maps, stuff like that.

For those of you like me who DIDNT buy the special edition of UT3, we can watch some tutorial vids for map making here:

map making vids

There ya go wentz! ;)

Primeval (Beta)

Thanks for this post, excellent videos. Map in progress...

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, hello archon3 :)

It's where you can bind 2 functions to 1 key. Example, I hit "Q" once, it pulls out my flak cannon. I hit "Q" again, it pulls out my lightning gun (in 2k4). You can program it for whatever you want, and it really cuts back on the number of keys you need to be using. I can now bind my bio gun to a key without wasting a good one.

Hehe, hello archon3 :)

It's where you can bind 2 functions to 1 key. Example, I hit "Q" once, it pulls out my flak cannon. I hit "Q" again, it pulls out my lightning gun (in 2k4). You can program it for whatever you want, and it really cuts back on the number of keys you need to be using. I can now bind my bio gun to a key without wasting a good one.

First of all, how dare you.

Now I understand. Sounds pretty useful indeed. Thanks for the clarification my friend.

Shaftiel

:halo: lol @ Shaftiel - anytime! :)

Just unbind it by going to whatever ini file it is (input? I forget, there're too many) and when you find the weapon you want, erase the "Q". There's another file (maybe the same one?) that has each key first, then a function after. You have to get rid of that one too (afaik). I have yet to try it.

I have yet to see pipeswitching for center mouse button available in ut3. No center mouse button listed in in file so my normal flak and shocker button has to find a new home. Pain after 2 years playing one way you have to develop another.

Piped weapon did not work for me...

maybe it's because I cannot clear the 'Q' key in game (cleared in .ini file...but didn't help)

I deleted the bindings for keys 4 and 7 (shock and flak) and put this in

Bindings=(Name="PipeX",Command="switchweapon 4 | setbind Q PipeY")

Bindings=(Name="PipeY",Command="switchweapon 7 | setbind Q PipeX")

Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="PipeX")

and voile!...nothing.

sorry I subverted the thread, uhhh...back to links!

Edited by Tek-Almighty

• 4 weeks later...