hide away computer

shep48

Ill post some pics at christmas. This will be my dads computer setup in the kitchen. He wanted a the computer in a spot to enjoy the view of lake erie but didnt want this big computer in the way. So we got him a new 19'' lcd, usb keyboard, usb, mouse, my old fx-55, 2-6800 ultras, my old 2gb ram, new case, new board, new 200gb hd. We are going to hide the computer in a closet and run the 2 usbs cords and the dvi to this plate.... http://www.datapro.net/products/dvi-dual-usb-wall-plate.html

btw stir the pot lcd suck. only reason its better is the size. You need 8 dead pixels to return :(

btw stir the pot lcd suck. only reason its better is the size. You need 8 dead pixels to return :(

lol...wut?

did the LCD you bought have dead pixels? more often than not they're just stuck (dead pixels are fairly rare these days, haven't seen one in years tbh)

don't go wireless...batteries will probably drive your pops mental

That looks like a cool thing Shep...I didnt know they made plates like that, one of those might come in handy for me in the future...i'm thinking media center type pc for the big TV :D.

And he is right about the pixels...if they arent black, they arent dead. I have a red one on my new monitor that I have to try and wake up...if you google it, you will find all kinds of ways to fix them, massaging them, software...etc..

That looks like a cool thing Shep...I didnt know they made plates like that, one of those might come in handy for me in the future...i'm thinking media center type pc for the big TV :D.

And he is right about the pixels...if they arent black, they arent dead. I have a red one on my new monitor that I have to try and wake up...if you google it, you will find all kinds of ways to fix them, massaging them, software...etc..

Yeah, not so hard to fix if they are fixable...problem is that sometimes (most that I've dealt with) the simple fixes you'll find on google (like the randomizing programs to try and trigger the pixel back to life) just don't do anything. The only time I've seen them work have been with very slightly stuck pixels (ones that you probably wouldn't notice anyways because they're only half stuck, which is why I think those programs work for them). Real stuck pixels (as I'll call them) generally require the rub method, which invariably makes more pixels half stuck if you're not careful...so I agree it would be nice if they would replace it. I know TigerDirect will let you return store bought items and check screens for dead and stuck pixels before leaving the store again (they let you do this once per purchase btw, so if the next one is the same you have to choose one or the other)