Cloverfield

Mossad

I really liked the movie. It is the type of movie that is worth seeing at least the one time and only in a theater that has a great sound system. Without it being a horror movie, it definitely kept you on edge and a bit nervous due to the way it was filmed.

i saw the midnight show of cloverfield. while the movie was entertaining to a point, it was still disappointing. i was really expecting more from jj abrams. there were great spots of humor, some very good action sequences and some very bad ones, the plot simple, and the suspense was spotty and cheap. something that i really didn't like about the movie is that half the movie was shot at a 45 degree tilt. now, i know jj was probably going for a more realistic look, but we KNOW its a handheld! you don't have to beat us over the head with it for an hour and a half. at least hold the camera straight up and jostle it around.

anyway, it was entertaining, and it was probably my own fault for hyping it up too much in my mind. so i give it 2.5/5 stars. i won't ever own this movie, but if it's ever on tv, i might not change the channel if i'm eating dinner.

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILER!!!! http://dougbot.com/forum/slushoRar.jpg

This is the way it looks in the movie....and the movie ended like a battery losing its power on a camera. It was an Ok movie...nothing landmark in my book. It does seem like they will make a sequel because the movie ended like the sopranos and the monster didn't die. Again, it was a Ok movie..but some of the stuff the dude shooting the film said was kindof dumb.

Is that the way the thing is filmed through the whole movie? Like kids are recording it with camcorders? That looks very annoying, lol. So this thing is either from another planet or came from the sea right?lol

The movie is based on a amateur video on a camera found in Central Park by the military some point after the incident.

The creature did stroll out of the harbor, where it slapped the statue of liberty.