IT Mission Statement needed

Mini_Me

I am having a hard time coming up with proper wording for a mission statement for IT.

current possibilities:

IT Mission Statement:

To provide the highest quality technology based services and support in a cost-effective manner. To react and respond to business requirements in an expedient and reliable fashion.

or

To provide the highest quality technology based services and support in a cost-effective manner. To anticipate our clients needs so that we may deploy immediate and effective solutions.

-----------------

The 1st sentence I have conveys the normal stuff like proving excellent customer support and technology while maintaining costs…etc

The 2nd point and heart statement I want to make is that our IT staff responds very quickly to changes the business presents us. i.e a client wants to change a report that is generated for them, all it takes is an email, our dev team drops what they are doing and an hour later it is done. Or when adding a new client, it doesn’t take 6 months of planning, we get pcs, code an application, make telco changes/routing, setup IVR, hire staff, train and deploy within weeks. The basic statement is IT allows the business to present ACT as being flexible and nimble to react to customers needs almost immediately versus going thru weeks of change control, meetings, etc…especially since the majority of our business is doing work for larger companies to supplement their internal call centers, that get bogged down with process

Im open to any suggestions the group could make or re-wording/additions of current statement.

thanks!

Mini, does IT service the internal customer (i.e. helpdesk folks and ultimately clients) or is this an IT helpdesk servicing just external clients?

I would have thought that may have some bearing on the mission statement.

I.e. servicing customers or providing business solutions to yourselves.

Not sure if it does make any difference as I know if you're internal then you still have customers (the business) but you're more of a support organization than a profit center.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Leveller

GC Founder

internal IT support, so our customers are the employees of the business. 1-2-3 sentances are fine...just something that sums up It supporting business....but wording im closely after is that of being able to react quickly to client demands. the other day-day missions are atypical of any IT...keep the network up, servers up and pcs up, and cut code quickly.