IRONMAN

Ruff_Ryder

Watched the movie 2 weeks ago, but I haven't had time to post. ;)

I thought the movie overall was good. I was initially suspicious of Robert Downey Jr. from the trailers I saw. It looked like he was playing the same sarcastic character from "Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang," but he did pretty well in the scenes that required real emotion; I was pleasantly surprised. I did not like Gwyneth Palrow's performance though (even though I think she's a very capable actress in general). She seemed lost in some scenes, especially the balcony scene with Tony Stark at a party; maybe it was due to Favreau's Robert Altman-esque approach (Altman was known to have actors improvise scenes). I actually thought Leslie Bibb did better in her supporting role as the reporter who shows up sporadically in the movie.

I can't really comment on the movie's faithfulness to the comic book since the origin story was retooled to accommodate modern times ( I suppose Iron Man fighting a green guy who gets his powers from the rings on his fingers and calls himself "The Mandarin" would be a bit strange :D ), but I liked that they kept certain stereotypes to a minimum.

Don't know if I would call it the best comic book movie some people have on this thread, but I like the direction it's headed towards for the sequel(s).

lol

I had the exact opposite take on Gwyneth. I hate her in all the other movies I've seen her in, but really liked her in this one. Maybe it's cause I first saw her in Emma, and wanted to smash my face with a hammer.

It was pretty good, Batman Begins still remains my #1 superhero movie though.

check out the apple.com HD trailors of "The Dark Knight"?

Is there a threadfor it yet?

I can't wait for that one!!!